* Latest News On Pal Singh (France), Gurmukh Singh And Makhan Singh *

We have received news from India, that Bhai Pal Singh (a French Citizen), Gurmukh Singh and Makhan Singh have been transferred from Amritsar Central Jail to the Nabha Maximum Security Prison.

You may recall, that all three Singh’s were convicted back in December by an Amritsar Sessions Court, in what was a harsh blow to justice. They received sentences of ten years each as well as heavy fines, under the Unlawful Activities Act, the first conviction of any Sikhs in Punjab, under this Act. It was a very disturbing move, as anyone can be labelled under this category and the Act can be used indiscriminately by the police and authorities.

SOPW is taking this case to the higher courts, as a precedent must not be set that allows the authorities to pick up completely innocent men, frame them in false cases and imprison them for ten years under the Unlawful Activites Act, which is exactly what happened to these three of our Gursikh Veer.

“WHEN I LIVED ABROAD, I USED TO HEAR AND READ THAT THERE WAS INJUSTICE AGAINST THE SIKHS IN PUNJAB, NOW I HAVE WITNESSED IT FOR MYSELF AND ENDURED IT ON MY OWN BODY....” - BHAI PAL SINGH, FRANCE.

1069420_10152021623907081_914635522_n.jp

Sikh Organisation For Prisoners Welfare (SOPW)