Feeling Depressed And Suicidal...

Guest Help

Hi,

I am feeling very angry, depressed and suicidal...I have done many bad things in my life and ashamed of them...I want to run away far from this ...I am feeling as if I need to go, I am not worthy of breathing or this life..can someone please help

Waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh!

My friend let me get one thing out first suicide is never the answer DONT DO IT ! It hurts everyone around you and waheguru has not given you this life to waste away like that. As far as feeling sad angry and depressed goes you should let go of those feelings and do paat! God will forgive you the second you ask for forgiveness. Don't worry yourself with such things like the past. Stay happy whenever you feel sad do simran. Also I feel you should start doing nitnem in the morning rehras the evening and kirtan sohila before you sleep. And start listening to kirtan! Remember that there is a future don't stay sad be happy! The second you feel bad thoughts shut them out and start simran also after your daily morning nitnem listen or read dukhbanjani sahib. Everything will be fine! Read bani stay happy! Reply with any questions or concerns! Happy to help.

Look, you can't change the past, the past is the past, the future is too far to see all that matters is this precious moment. Do ardas, accept and recognise your misdeeds and make darned sure u dont make the same mistakes again. That is how we move forward.

Saying sorry without the full intention not to mess up again is pointless.

Hi,

I am feeling very angry, depressed and suicidal...I have done many bad things in my life and ashamed of them...I want to run away far from this ...I am feeling as if I need to go, I am not worthy of breathing or this life..can someone please help

You are not alone, everyone in this world is (Dukhi) in distress.

The answer to all problems is faith in SATNAAM ---> WAHEGURU

ਨਾਨਕ ਦੁਖੀਆ ਸਭੁ ਸੰਸਾਰੁ ॥

नानक दुखीआ सभु संसारु ॥

Nānak ḏukẖīā sabẖ sansār.

Nanak, the whole world is in distress.

ਹੇ ਨਾਨਕ! ਸਾਰਾ ਜਗਤ ਹੀ ਦੁਖੀ ਹੈ।

ਮੰਨੇ ਨਾਉ ਸੋਈ ਜਿਣਿ ਜਾਇ ॥

मंने नाउ सोई जिणि जाइ ॥

Manne nāo soī jiṇ jāe.

He, who believes in the Name, becomes victorious.

ਜਿਣਿ = ਜਿੱਤ ਕੇ।

ਜੋ ਮਨੁੱਖ ਪ੍ਰਭੂ ਦੇ ਨਾਮ ਨੂੰ ਮੰਨਦਾ ਹੈ (ਭਾਵ, ਜਿਸ ਦਾ ਮਨ ਪ੍ਰਭੂ ਦੇ ਨਾਮ ਵਿਚ ਪਤੀਜਦਾ ਹੈ) ਉਹ (ਜ਼ਿੰਦਗੀ ਦੀ ਬਾਜ਼ੀ) ਜਿੱਤ ਕੇ ਜਾਂਦਾ ਹੈ,

ਅਉਰੀ ਕਰਮ ਨ ਲੇਖੈ ਲਾਇ ॥੧॥

अउरी करम न लेखै लाइ ॥१॥

Aurī karam na lekẖai lāe. ||1||

No other deed is of any account.

ਅਉਰੀ = ਹੋਰ ॥੧॥

('ਨਾਮ' ਤੋਂ ਬਿਨਾ) ਕੋਈ ਹੋਰ ਕੰਮ (ਜ਼ਿੰਦਗੀ ਦੀ ਬਾਜ਼ੀ ਜਿੱਤਣ ਲਈ) ਸਫਲ ਨਹੀਂ ਹੁੰਦਾ ॥੧॥

Source - http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.gurbani?Action=Page&Param=954&g=1&h=1&r=1&t=2&p=0&k=1&fb=0

There are many examples in Sikh history where sinners became Saints by following Gurmat.

NANAK AND THE TANTRIK KODA

In a thick forest of India, Koda met Guru Nanak under strange circumstances. Mardana had lost his way and fallen into the hands of Koda; Mardana was just what he wanted for his man-sacrifice. Koda bound him hand and foot, and began his preparations, lighting a fire under a huge cauldron of oil. The wind blew, the rain came, and the fire went out. He tried again, with the same result; and he knew not why the elements went against him that day. He looked up and there stood Guru Nanak. His look disconcerted Koda, who went into his cave to consult his mirror. The mirror gave him the image of man, and he came out and asked for forgiveness.

Nanak said: “Koda, Sing His Great Name.”

Koda entered the path of discipleship.

NANAK AND SAJAN THAG

Sajan kept a Moslem mosque and a Hindu shrine side by side for the weary travellers to rest in a lonely jungle pathway. There lay the bones of many a traveller that came hither to rest in the midst of the temple or the mosque. Once Nanak was the guest of Sajan for a night. Sajan served the Guru with the utmost devotion, for he took him to be a very rich man. He saw the sparkle of a million jewels on the Guru’s forehead. Late at night, Sajan, as usual, invited the Guru to retire to rest.

Such heavenly music was uttered by the Guru when Mardana began playing his rebec, that Sajan was overwhelmed with remorse; He was washed with music. He cried, “Save me! even me, O Divine One!” “Be poor,” said the Guru, “and sing His Name!”

NANAK AND VALI QANDHARI

Once Nanak was near the ancient Buddhist city of Taxila. A bleak mountain now called Vali Qandhari (the prophet of Qandhar) stands with its bare peak at a little distance from Taxila, towards the Peshawar side on the great trunk road by which came Alexander the Great and other invaders to India. This mountain is so called because in the times of Guru Nanak there lived a Vali - a prophet - a native of Qandhar, on its high summit. He had built himself a house by the side of a little spring of crystal fresh water on the top of the mountain. This was the only spring of water near the place where once encamped Guru Nanak and Bhai Mardana. Mardana was very thirsty. The Guru asked him to go up and drink water from the fountain of Vali Qandhari. Mardana went up, but the reception of the Vali was very indifferent. “Who are you?” said he. “My name is Mardana, and I am a disciple of Nanak,” replied Bhai Mardana. “What brings you here?” “I feel thirsty, and wish to have some water from your spring.” “There is no water here for such as you; go back and ask your Master for it.” Nanak asked Mardana to go again, saying that they were simple folk of God and wanted some water from his spring. Mardana went three times as bidden by the Guru, but to no purpose. The last time when he came back, Guru Nanak said, “Never mind, Mardana! Dig here. There is a fountain of water flowing at your feet.” The spring was there, it came with its cool crystal waters kissing the feet of the Master. Vali Qandhari, too, came down to see Guru Nanak who so naturally attracted everyone. Guru Nanak spoke to Vali Qandhari saying: “O friend, those who live so high, should not be rock-like dry.”

Vali Qandhari was enriched with the wisdom of the Master, and blessed with poverty; he too, drank the waters that flowed at the Master’s feet.

http://www.sikhiwiki.org/index.php/Guru_Nanak_Dev_(By_Puran_Singh)