5 Elements (Tats)

Hey guys, I have a question regarding one of the 5 elements that compose creation. Shri Guru Nanak says, "panch tatu sunnahu pargasa"- From sunya the five elements manifested themselves" (SGGS, 1038) One of the five elements is akash or the ether, and accordinging to many oriental literature the akash or ether is a subtle element that pervades space and serves as a medium for sound. My question is sort of a physics question, Isn't the air the medium of sound, not the ether (akash)? Doesn't the vibrations of the air (pavan/vayu) propogate sound? According to modern physics, the akash is a medium for the propagation for light, but this differs from the Oriental view that the ether is the medium for sound? I would be thankful for a clarification. Thanks!

Pavan isn't air or havah is it ?

My monkey jatt brain tell me that the sound of ooongggh was first as in ek onkaar.

then came the pavan.

this pavan is the whole life force of creation that keep everything tivking over and active.

the havah you breathe or oxygen in lungs is not the same thing, but the pavan is the active force or something...

at college some doctor told us that just oxygen on it's own can not keep person alive because if there is no pavan or pran energy in it...it's no good !

there must be an english word for it but i don't know....sorry

thanks for the clarification jasvendra singh and shaheedjatt !

mr. jasvendra singh, Is it right to say that the sunya contains even the akash(space) element, since the akash emerged from the sunya? In other words, can we say that the sunya is actually the universal container of all the 5 elements?

thanks for the clarification jasvendra singh and shaheedjatt !

mr. jasvendra singh, Is it right to say that the sunya contains even the akash(space) element, since the akash emerged from the sunya? In other words, can we say that the sunya is actually the universal container of all the 5 elements?

Need I add more?

As we all know , and the saying of gurbani - JO KICHU PAIYA SO EKA WAAR , KAR KAR WAIKHE SIRJAN HAAR , the great creator has put the matter once and for ever , thereafter he is the spectator . About the Shunya ( ot the SuNN in gurbani ) it is the state of being where our perceptions I(not feelings ) become useless ( jab dhari apan sunn samaadh tab bair virodh kis sang kamaat , jab iska baran chihan na jaapat , tab haraakh soog kaho kisahe biyapaat

Sunn is the state of mind for us living where our senses of perception are in a state of rest ,and for soul it is a state where they live in formless state , even the matter as per the scientists exist in opposite balamced state of - matter and exact amount of antimatter balancing in nothingness and when some matter or antimatter drift into another dimension , the existance of various universes with galaxies , stars , planets etc emerges from nothingness( a balanced state of matter & antimatter which can be said equivalent to SHOONYA or nothingness .