Gurbani Satkar? Help!

Questioner

My grandmother has moved in with us and my room is currently being done where she will sleep. In the meantime she keeps her gutke in the living room, where people eat meat right next to them. She's sat on them, put them on the sofa, table... been trying to do tell her how to treat them for ages, but out of stubbornness she ignores me, not liking being told what to do. My mother also wouldn't let me take them away for fear of upsetting here.

Finally, been able to come to an arrangements whereby I take them away and bring them to her when she needs them. But I just found one fallen on floor between a sofa and chair, it must have been there for days. I feel so so so terrible, like awful. Like I need to beg for forgiveness. WHAT DO I DO?

It's driving me crazy having to police this. On top of that, we keep getting wedding cards with gurbani in them which are just left around as well..

What do I do when I find gurbani being disrespected? Paath? How do I ask for forgiveness?

Store all the cards in a paper bag.

Whenever there is a bonfire event,do Ardas and put them in fire.

I usually do that once a year at Lohri.

As for Be-adbi ask forgiveness in Ardas on daily basis.

If she was my widowed grand mother I would have posted a matrimonial advert for her marriage on SS.

Some rich (fauji) illegal migrant would have happily married her & she would have got full time care takers in return :-)

My grandmother has moved in with us and my room is currently being done where she will sleep. In the meantime she keeps her gutke in the living room, where people eat meat right next to them. She's sat on them, put them on the sofa, table... been trying to do tell her how to treat them for ages, but out of stubbornness she ignores me, not liking being told what to do. My mother also wouldn't let me take them away for fear of upsetting here.

Finally, been able to come to an arrangements whereby I take them away and bring them to her when she needs them. But I just found one fallen on floor between a sofa and chair, it must have been there for days. I feel so so so terrible, like awful. Like I need to beg for forgiveness. WHAT DO I DO?

It's driving me crazy having to police this. On top of that, we keep getting wedding cards with gurbani in them which are just left around as well..

What do I do when I find gurbani being disrespected? Paath? How do I ask for forgiveness?

Elders sometimes forget things, it's not their fault, it comes with age and cognitive problems. U have done right by the system of giving them to her when she needs them. When u have all of them, maybe u could also sit with her and do paat together. When she sees u joining in with her then she will feel not alone, and my help her to take care more. Maybe listen to her as she reads.

Don't get angry with ur grandma, persuade her with pyar and gentleness. Elders become like children when they get old, so hauli hauli respect nal.