Sikh Religious Requirement To Wear Knives Tests World Cup Cricket Organisers

singhbj singh

I wish these news articles wouldn't always neglect to mention the symbolism of the kirpan, ie. an instrument for the protection of the repressed.

Otherwise the readers just think "KNIFE!" and feel afraid and hostile. I've found that people's reactions to my kirpan undergo a complete 180 when I actually take the time to explain what it means to them.

Take the kirpan off for a bit nothing gonna happen then put it back on later. Problem solved then u can go places. Back in the day there were loads of wars right now where we live there is peace so people dont see the point of it. In gurus time there was purpose behind the kirpan.

Maybe in the future everyone will need to wear the kirpan as times change from peace to war then war to peace.

Wat crap u goin on about? "In gurus time there was a purpose behind the kirpan"?.....oh yea ur right, i forgot, robbery, rape, physical attacks, genocide n killings r all a thing of the past n have never happened since 1800s since in the world. Ur either a 12yr old, or u come from a coward household,whom have mahatma gandhi pics on ur walls, who's been taught that violence is not part of true religion, n weapons r a dirty thing.

Geezer wise up n learn about our dharam n weapons. That or go to a jain or hindu forum.

Lol u clearly hate hindus. My main point was take your kirpans off for certain stuff like sports, wimbledon etc to stop problems nothing gonna happen. You already take them off at airports. Live by the sword die by the sword. Thug life. I am saying no point having a knife better have a ak47 then be a lot better to stop rapists and terrorists. Knifes are outdated

No i dont hate hindus, hindus r fellow human beings. Also "knifes" r used to bless food/langar, and is kakaar/limb of a sikh, so its not negotiable. I agree sikhs shud carry ak47s, no matter wat any1 says.