No Support Groups For Marriages

Guest 0121Do1

Guest 0121Do1

I wanted to highlight a problem which alot of newly practicing Sikhs are encountering, which is findings a potential partner for marriage.

In the UK and the West, the Parchaar front is strong and alot of non-practicing Punjabis have over the years come under the fold of Sikhi and become either Keshdharis, Amritdharis and practicing Sikhs.

However, one thing that the Parchaar has not been able to account for is the after-effects of such Parchaar on individuals without prior or post Gursikh social groups, who are now practicing Sikhs still without that support.

It's like being left high and dry once you've become a practicing Sikh. I know one mona lad who used to get bare rishtay before the Parchaar game opened his eyes and was blessed with GurSikhi. Now he's Keshdhari and because the Parchaarics didn't introduced him to Gursikhs or provided a support network and sangat - he's having trouble getting a rishta.

Wasn't he better off before? Where's the support now? Converted and left single; worth it? Nah mate. Not for him. He cut his hair and now he's happily married with kids.

I feel more needs to be done by the people who are behind the drive to get people into Sikhi, and understand that something like problems getting rishtay afterward will sway people back to their old self.