Sikhi And Afterlife

CanadianSingh

But perhaps we commit a great injustice by projecting these anthropomorphic qualities onto him at all. Maybe calling him our Father/Mother is simply the best appraisal we could hope to offer, with our severely limited powers of speech, of something which is completely beyond our comprehension.

I suspect that's absolutely spot on. It's something I've noticed that's prevalent in Sikhi (on the part of various parcharaks, gianis, etc), and I think it grossly over simplifies and, in a way, misrepresents God in the minds of believers. I doubt God is bothered or affected by it, but by assigning Him with human attributes, desires, and traits when discussing his formless and timeless state is, to my mind, blasphemous.

Thanks.

No. Not certain what you mean by temporary. Heaven and hell exist according to some, but they aren't the ultimate destinations as viewed by Muslims... and Christians.

The "new story" you're referring to is... well, I don't know what you mean by that. Lifetimes? Well, it's a new story for the individual, but God doesn't push the reset switch and erase his own memory and existence too, lol. Where he resides is eternal. Our lives and abodes are transitory.