Amrit Sanchar

Guest kljhyu515

Guest kljhyu515

Do you think that if a non-Sikh committed a crime such as desecrating the guru granth sahib and is truely sorry for what he did, he should be offered forgiveness on the condition that he undergo Amrit Sanchar?

No!!! We dont want ppl like that in sikhi. Especially if they are forced. And it is force as they are being blackmailed: You will only be forgiven if u take amrit. And in india, punishment is harsh if ur caught doing beadbi. People will beat up the person.

Do u know someone like that did beadbi?

I think he should present himself to the akal takhat. (And if they are too harsh tell them u forgive raam rahim why not me too?) The biggest problem will be knowing if he is sincere or faking. Thats why a hukamnana should taken asking guruji if this person is sincere and should be forgiven. He should not take amrit unless he reaally wants to. Come on, one day he is attacking guru sahib with fire, knives, the next day he wants to take amrit just so he wil be forgiven? Amrit means believing sri guru granth sahib is a living guru.

I think if the person turns himself in, we should go easy on him in hopes that the other attackers also turn themselves in. Because so far nothing has worked to stop them.