The Pipal Tree Prophesy by Guru Gobind Singh Ji

JagXJ

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

I only have one thing to add in this conversation. Do not forget that Gurbani is metaphorical: everything is a symbol (like in great poetry -- which gurbani certainly is). So do remember that this prophesy may also be a metaphor -- in that it will happen but it won't be linked to a specific tree or whatnot, and that the tree might be a symbol for something else :wub:

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

Do not forget that Gurbani is metaphorical: everything is a symbol
gur mMqR hIxs´ jo pRwxI iDRgMq jnm BRstxh ]

gur ma(n)thr heenasy jo praanee dhhriga(n)th janam bhrasattaneh ||

That mortal who lacks the Guru's Mantra - cursed and contaminated is his life.

kUkrh sUkrh grDBh kwkh srpnh quil Klh ]33]

kookareh sookareh garadhhabheh kaakeh sarapaneh thul khaleh ||33||

That blockhead is just a dog, a pig, a jackass, a crow, a snake. ||33||

please explain metaphors or symbolism in the above lines. there are many more but lets get started on these first. Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Do not forget that Gurbani is metaphorical: everything is a symbol
gur mMqR hIxs´ jo pRwxI iDRgMq jnm BRstxh ]

gur ma(n)thr heenasy jo praanee dhhriga(n)th janam bhrasattaneh ||

That mortal who lacks the Guru's Mantra - cursed and contaminated is his life.

kUkrh sUkrh grDBh kwkh srpnh quil Klh ]33]

kookareh sookareh garadhhabheh kaakeh sarapaneh thul khaleh ||33||

That blockhead is just a dog, a pig, a jackass, a crow, a snake. ||33||

-QuoteEEnd-->

please explain metaphors or symbolism in the above lines. there are many more but lets get started on these first. Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

well :wub: ok.

the persons head does not really obtain a cube-like shape, nor do they turn into a dog, pig, a jackass (lets just say donkey), a crow or a snake. These animals are symbols for other things... dogs are dirty, (as are pigs + pigs are gluttunous), a donkey is often stated as lazy, a crow (like a fox) is sly and always trying to get something for nothing, and a snake is sneaky and 'evil'.

So Gurbani tells us that those mortals who do not jaap with Gurmantar are dirty, gluttunous, lazy, sly, and evil.

But I could be wrong, cause it is symbolism :T:

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

very nice distortion of Gurbani. Guru Ji says, people without True Guru (or Gurmantar) will fall into 84 lakh jooni and will become pigs, snakes, cows etc. (listen to suleman's tape) God's creation is beautiful but according to you Guru Ji calls it "dirty". and would Guru Ji really use words like "dogs, snakes, donkeys" to describe evil? He could've easily chosen the word "shaitaan". my simple point was that Gurbani is straight forward and no one has to go to a school to learn metaphors or symbolism to understand Gurbani. take santhiya and learn the language of love. that's all you need. have fun. Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

very nice distortion of Gurbani. Guru Ji says, people without True Guru (or Gurmantar) will fall into 84 lakh jooni and will become pigs, snakes, cows etc. (listen to suleman's tape) God's creation is beautiful but according to you Guru Ji calls it "dirty". and would Guru Ji really use words like "dogs, snakes, donkeys" to describe evil? He could've easily chosen the word "shaitaan". my simple point was that Gurbani is straight forward and no one has to go to a school to learn metaphors or symbolism to understand Gurbani. take santhiya and learn the language of love. that's all you need. have fun. Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

I promise you Bijla Singh, I will NEVER distort Gurbani and I find it insulting that you could think of such a thing. Everything is NOT as simple as you would have it, poetry is poetry, do you think everytime gurbani mentions Waheguroo's lotus feet it means a flower? or that when gurbani talks about a soulbride, that can only be a female? Gurbani is much deeper than the simple literal reading of it, it is a power in itself, designed to evoke wonder for paramathma and teach us how to achieve that wonder at

the same time.

And I never said that his creation was "dirty" or anything. But here is a literal piece of Gurbani that tells that directly:

mnmuK kucIl kuiCq ibkrwlw ]

manamukh kucheel kushhith bikaraalaa ||

The self-willed manmukh is filthy, cursed and dreadful.

Waheguroo is much more complex, and cannot be described by simple words. Gurbani tells us that. So a deeper understanding, and a deeper analysis is required to realize the power that Gurbani holds. If you want to look at a simple literal level, that's fine too. But don't deny that there are deeper meanings that you nor I can understand. Until we are blessed that we reach his darbaar, we will NEVER understand the TRUE meaning of Gurbani.

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

as one reaches higher and higher avastha he/she begins to understand deeper and deeper meanings of Gurbani. your original post said "everything is symbolism". point of my post was that Guru Ji has used examples but not "everything" is symbolism. sometimes Gurbani is very straight forward for an ordinary human being to understand. of course, higher avastha deeper meanings. panktee you provided does not say God created "dirty" but it is the thinking and character that makes a person manmukh who is always selfish, full of ego. ego is always filth. Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh