Whats the importance of sarabloh?

Vaheguru Jee Ka Khalsa, Vaheguru Jee Kee Fateh..!!

from what i hear about sarbloh bibeki is that back in the dayz of the Gurus, they were alwayz fighting in wars n stuff... and since the enemy could not physically come kill the Guru and his followers they tried other means to get rid of them... the easiest way to kill an enemy without approaching them is to poison their food... Guru Jee instructed his AMRITDHARI sikh to prepare karah parshad.... 'cause we know his AMRITDHARI sikh isn't going to do nethin... as well.. if it WAS poisoned by chance, when u put a sarbloh kirpan through the parshad, it would turn a diff colour so they would know somebody did something to it..

back in the day it only made sense to be sarbloh bibeki...

btw.. this is only from what i hear.. but seems to make sense to me..

bhul chuk maaf

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

wow. that's interesting!

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

waheguroo ji ka khalsa, waheguroo ji ki fateh!

i was just wondering, is it mandatory for all amritdhari singhs and singhnis to be sarbloh bibeki?

waheguroo ji ka khalsa, waheguroo ji ki fateh

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

That depends on who you took amrit from. Some punj pyarai say that you should, others say it doesn't matter. So its really up in the air :wub:

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

I haven't heard of too many people who say its MANDATORY to be sarbloh bibeki.. i know there are many Gursikhs out there who are just bibeki... but science has proven that being sarbloh bibeki is GOOD for you... the iron that u eat out of goes into ur body.. which is good for you.. (not TOO much though)...

i'm sure there's plenty more to it then that.. there are many reasons as why one SHOULD be sarbloh bibeki... i just don't know them.. :T:

would nebody care to enlighten me..???

Have a look at the following thread which concerns "Hindu Sarabloh Bibekis" on Tapoban:-

http://www.tapoban.org/phorum/read.ppa?f=1...i=22258&t=22258

Sarabloh Bibek is NOT a uniquely Sikh custom, although that is what we associate it with the most today,when it comes to weapons and cooking (hence Singh is correct about his 'bibek' comment, although this is simply a term which is used).

Veneration for Sarabloh is however, ancient and can even be found across early European Cults from the times of the Romans.

In india, it stems from the TANTRIK SHAKATS who are worshippers of SHIV and SHAKTI, usually the Devi in her fersome form as KALI MATA, which whom they associate Sarabloh.

Interestingly even in Europe the "Iron" cults were in fact "goddess" cults.

Whilst the term Bibek is not necessarily used by these cults, what they practice is in fact exactly that, eating only out of Iron utensils and from those initiated into the cult (for others are deemd polluted and may impact their bhagtee) and in many cases having sarabloh weapons which are also worshipped as manifestations of the Devi.

In Europe these were often linked to Masons and Ironsmiths and evidence of this pratice can still be seen in some Scythian remains, where the dead are buried with Sarabloh weapons and utensils.

As per "i don't think so" 's comm

ents concerning caste, you'll probably find that many of the cults that practice veneration for Sarabloh are low-caste themselves, so the issue of discrimination doesn't arise, it is as already spelt out, a case of pollution, much in the same way that we as Amritdhari's only share the same bowl as other Amritdharis and Sarabloh bibekis.

On another note, given the above backdrop, is it any surprise to find that the Buddha Dal Nihangs in the Hazoor Sahib also keep Sarabloh Bibek and venerate Sarabloh just like the UK Nihangs when worshipping their weapons, which they openly state is because they worship Chandi and this forms what "they" term Chandi Pooja.

Likewise, having spend time with Namdharis and having Namdhari relatives myself, those who also practise Sarabloh Bibek, often point their fascination with the Uggardanti Bani (clearly venerating Kali and considered by many scholars not to be Bani, but the works of Sukkha Singh a Devi Pujari) and Chandi Path.

This is the origins of Sarabloh bibek in the indian subcontinent and how it influenced Sikhs of the 18th and 19th century (mainly the Nihangs and Namdharis), but can be traced back into the shakat tantrik cults and shivites.

The relevance of these origins and outlook on veneration for Sarabloh and what we today consider and practice as Sarabloh Bibek (mainly in the AKJ and parts of the Taksal) is perhaps quite different and needs further discussion.

Hope this helps understand the Hindu practice of Sarabloh veneration and its origins therein.

Gur Fateh!