Does God Exist?

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

I was listening to Keertan from Sri Darbar Sahib today on Alpha ETC Punjabi and Bhai Kamaljit Singh was doing this shabad to a wicked tune. I checked it out on SikhiToTheMax, and it got me thinking. The Rehaao pangtee was:

AMimRq kI swr soeI jwxY ij AMimRq kw vwpwrI jIau ]1] rhwau ]

a(n)mrith kee saar soee jaanai j a(n)mrith kaa vaapaaree jeeo ||1|| rehaao ||

He alone appreciates the value of the Ambsosial Nectar, who deals in this Ambrosia. ||1||Pause||

It used to bug me when people said "God doesn't exist" because you cannot prove it...blahblahblah... and I couldn't really respond because its an issue of faith. I always thought that if you search for Waheguru, rather than dismissing Him straight away, then you might stand a chance of finding Him and feeling His love. But I never found any Tukh to back this up. However, as Guru Jee says in the above quote, the value of Guru's Name can only be appreciated by those that "Trade" (is the analogy used) or se

arch for it. As Guru Jee says later in the Shabad, one must:

shsw qoVy Brmu cukwey ]

sehasaa thorrae bharam chukaaeae ||

Tear down skepticism and dispel your doubt;

shjy isPqI DxKu cVwey ]

sehajae sifathee dhhanakh charraaeae ||

with your intuition, draw the bow of the Praise of the Lord.

gur kY sbid mrY mnu mwry suMdir jogwDwrI jIau ]3]

gur kai sabadh marai man maarae su(n)dhar jogaadhhaaree jeeo ||3||

Through the Word of the Guru's Shabad, conquer and subdue your mind; take the support of Yoga - Union with the beautiful Lord. ||3||

Finding Guru Jee requires that bit of devotion/faith in the first place. If one has this, i.e., one overcomes their skepticism, then the Guru will do his Kirpaa, because then, as Guru Jee says in the same shabad:

[font=GurbaniWebThic

k]nw hau krqw nw mY kIAw ][/font][/font]

naa ho karathaa naa mai keeaa ||

I have done nothing; I am doing nothing now.

AMimRqu nwmu siqguir dIAw ]

a(n)mrith naam sathigur dheeaa ||

The True Guru has blessed me with the Ambrosial Nectar of the Naam.

ijsu qU dyih iqsY ikAw cwrw nwnk srix qumwrI jIau ]6]1]12]

jis thoo dhaehi thisai kiaa chaaraa naanak saran thumaaree jeeo ||6||1||12||

What other efforts can anyone make, when You bestow Your blessing? Nanak seeks Your Sanctuary. ||6||1||12||

This Shabad teaches us that we must come within the "Sharan" of the Guru to receive his blessings. Just as nothing comes in this world without effort, by renouncing our Ego, we must take the same steps towards the True Guru in our efforts to reach with Waheguru - only then can we understand and find Him.

Amazing Guru Granth Sahib Jee - it has all the answers - its just a matter of doing the Research or Khojj.

^_^^_^ Dhan Dh

an Siri Guru Granth Sahib Jee Maharaj ^_^^_^

For the full shabad, the link is:

http://www.sikhitothemax.com/page.asp?ShabadID=3667

Please forgive and correct any misunderstandings of mine in understanding this Shabad.

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!