Question

Guest Singh

How do you stay awake during simran? I am to sleepy from lack of sleep because of school since Im in the IB program. I do as much simran as I can, but I always fall asleep at some point and wake up at some time later. Am I I close to reaching a higher level of simran where simran continues in sleep and if I am how am I supposed to continue right now while I stop simran in sleep. I dont want to walk around because I am not fullly concentrated then. Do I just keep trying and failing until I get it right? Also how do I know how far I have travelled on my journey. Is my dasam duar open, how do I know when my paps are disapperaing (i have faith they are, but how to know) for example

Guest notaguest
6 hours ago, Guest Singh said:

How do you stay awake during simran? I am to sleepy from lack of sleep because of school since Im in the IB program. I do as much simran as I can, but I always fall asleep at some point and wake up at some time later. Am I I close to reaching a higher level of simran where simran continues in sleep and if I am how am I supposed to continue right now while I stop simran in sleep. I dont want to walk around because I am not fullly concentrated then. Do I just keep trying and failing until I get it right? Also how do I know how far I have travelled on my journey. Is my dasam duar open, how do I know when my paps are disapperaing (i have faith they are, but how to know) for example

No way jose

sleeping throws you into deeper maya. 

If you falling asleep, then your not sitting correctly and your pran isn't flowing properly.   This mean your simran is not simran

Fateh Ji

What I tend to do is break up my simran during the day.

How long does it take you to fall asleep while doing simran? 

If it's between 20 minutes - half an hour then you can do the other half at another time.

Sometimes during the day I also start doing simran while I am at school, walking home, etc.

Hope this helps you!

When I was in school, I used to sit silently in the class and recite mool mantra to myself. I would recite it while walking to and fro school. I would do it any time I remembered too. I still try to.... however there are lots more distractions. 

Feeling sleepy all the time can sometimes be due to a lack of vitamin D. Everyone needs some sort of supplements these days esp. in the winter. Everyone in our family was vitamin D deficient. Aim for a balanced diet of fruits, nuts etc.

Eating light at night helps reduce the heavy kind of sleep.