WEARING A KIRPAN IN SCHOOL!

guruji's_student

fateh

i was woundering about my kirpan i would leik towear it to school but i knwo that their will be a dispute on wheter i am entitled to wear it or not!

i was woundering if i tell the head teacher first so hes aware and other teachers can be aware so i do not get into any other trouble!

but as my paaji said if i do tell the school they might not allow me to as there was also an incident with a 15 yr old boy getting stabbed. And if i inform the teachers and they say no n i continue to wear it i will be punished more.

But this is our religon,belifs i have a right to wear it, its small and im not goin 2 use it for threatning beahviour etc: as guru ji did not provide us with it 4 this purpose!

so please help as in i want to tel the head teacher first so they know that its a religous symbol and not a weapon!

FATEHX X

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

in Uk i know u are allowed, there is legislation advising schools by department of education.

BUT I got some Q's for u

1) are u amritdharhi?

2) in another topic u said u remove ur kara for P.E. so why are you wearing a kirpan?

hey!

im not amrit dhari but gur ji encourages u 2 wear a kirpan if u are practicing to take amrit

secondly: yes i removed my kara, if u read it thorughly then u wil understand y!

i am goin 2 fight for my rights SO SIKHS SUPPORT UR RELIGION!.

but i think i iwll inform my head teacher!

may i just remind every1 this is not a little problem but a WORLDWIDE 1 ! which SIKHS want 2 overcome, so support fellow sikhs!

fatehx

well my brother i would sort out the kara issue first, and if ur not amritdharhi then the school doesnt have to make any conncessions. its at the heads disscretion!

hope ive helped!

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

I don't mean to sound insulting, but rsingh is right, don't pretend to be amritdhari if you arn't. If the kirpan and kara had meaning, and not just "something to wear" you would've taken amrit.

Sorry to sound harsh, but that's the truth. You don't have to wear any of those things since you have not taken amrit.

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

GuruJi's Student.

I fully appreciate that you would like to be a practising Gursikh, before you actually take amrit, and I fully commend you for that. Learning to keep rehet, and giving up your head for Guru Sahib is amazing, and you're blessed that you are on this path. ^_^^_^

However, I do agree with RSingh veer ji. At first you need to be at 100% with the Kakkar that you have already been blessed with, and continue thereon.

Personally, I would think wearing the Kachera, or Kanga should come next. As all Kakkars need the same amount of piyaar and sharda to be worn, but take each step with your full piyaar, knowing that once you put on the Kirpan, you must endevour to keep it on.

Although there is legislation in the UK which allows the wearing of your kirpan, as I pointed out in another post, we don't want it to seem like we can put on or take off any one of our Kakkars when we wish to do so.

And please, when you do embark on each new step of your journey towards giving your head to Guru Sahib, make sure you do an ardaas asking Maharaj for help. They will hold your hand, and guide you the right way.

Bhul Chuk Maaf.

[font=GurbaniWebTh

ick]vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!![/font][/font]

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

I'm from Toronto, from a rough part of town actually, where they really frown down on weapons in school and try to do everything they can do ban them. However I was allowed to wear my Kirpan as long as it was smaller than the palm of my hand... dont know how that makes it safer. but thats what was allowed. Maybe instead of you going to ur teacher, have ur parents or someone else call the principle and ask them if a religious symbol like that would be allowed... this way they wont be watching out for u... (tell ur parents not to mention a name) just ask them if its allowed...

pul chuk maaf

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

hey

ysl thanks 4 ur support 2 take amrit it goes in stages!

i want 2 become amritdhari so this is 1 vital step im taking!

GURU JI would be proud! , that i want 2 take the step to wearing the kirpan for practise to take amrit , a lot of ppl do not see that but this is vital!

btw my parents would not support me in this decison as my dad is not relgious at all and does not like me taking part in religious festivals etc so its very hard 4 me 2 get support from my family as they do not support me im sadend to say!

but i think im going 2 tell the head teacher first so that i do not get in to more trouble if i was to wear it first.

FATEHx