Sikhi and Artwork

Guest Kaur 2

Guest Kaur 2

VJKK VJKF

Wow... That's amazing @puzzled. That's so much better than mine lol.

On 8/13/2018 at 9:09 PM, lostconfussedsingh said:

Excellent art work sister. 

Why don't you join the site rather than posting as a guest

I prefer posting as a guest. People know me as Guest Kaur 2.  Anyway @lostconfussedsingh how are you now? Hopefully now you don't watch them suicide videos anymore. Just remember that the sangat is here to help. You only have to ask.

VJKK VJKF

Guest Kaur 2

VJKK VJKF

On 8/13/2018 at 10:24 AM, Guest jigsaw_puzzled_singh said:

Here's one I drew earlier. I'm quite proud of it. It's a little happy boy juggling balls but, if you look deep into his eyes, you can see the impending gloom of Brexit and the rise of facism and the balls indicate his future financial situation as the european exchange rate mechanism crumbles and his tiny hands indicate his own fragility in these complex times. This, guestkaur, is 'art':

Image result for really bad drawing

That's lovely, at least you took the time out to draw something for this thread. I appreciate it. Different people have different perspectives and we all see things differently. If you don't think my work is art then that's fine. I don't have any problem. I just want you to know that I spent a lot of time doing them and a lot of effort.

VJKK VJKF

Guest jigsaw_puzzled_singh
On ‎8‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 6:48 AM, Guest Kaur 2 said:

VJKK VJKF

That's lovely, at least you took the time out to draw something for this thread. I appreciate it. Different people have different perspectives and we all see things differently. If you don't think my work is art then that's fine. I don't have any problem. I just want you to know that I spent a lot of time doing them and a lot of effort.

VJKK VJKF

I didn't really draw it though gurstkaur though if I did, it would resemble that kind of standard as I'm not good at drawing. I'm one of those people that can't actually do it themselves but likes to stand there and look deeply into a thing (be it a picture or a design) and make it tell me a story.

Different people have different perspectives and we all see things differently

It's interesting you should say that because I have a thread here: 'Sikh Art and Architecture', in which I spent around 7 pages saying that exact same thing.. Great minds thing alike guestkaur !   

Like my own children, the last thing you really need is people telling you something you do is "wonderful" and "great" when it really isn't.  Constructive criticism when respectful is a wonderful thing little sister and I'm happy that you understand that and hope you go on to beatifully express yourself through the medium of art.

Guest Kaur 2

VJKK VJKF

23 hours ago, lostconfussedsingh said:

It would be great however its your choice about joining the site.

I am still the same as i have been seen the pysharcist and a social worker since my incident last week. I am still watching the vids yes as i am addicated to them now and i can't stop them. I don't feel like doing the act now but i enjoy the vids a lot.

I think the solution for you to stop watching those videos is by finding something else more interesting. Watch videos about something that you like, for example tarantulas. Try to find something that makes you happy, even music. I know how bad it sounds on a spiritual website but music makes you feel energetic. At least it's better than watching suicide videos. You see, our mind will feed on the things we feed it. If you feed your mind suicide videos then your mind will keep pondering upon it. However, if you feed your mind on something happier then you will think about that and you will be happier. By watching suicide videos, the more you watch them the more tolerance you have towards them and the act itself. When you sit down to watch suicide videos then just watch comedians instead and just laugh. Just spend some time reminiscing what true happiness feels like again. I know how hard it must be for you especially with the things your family say to you, but sometimes you have to live like a child. Live, laugh, love and forget. Try to find happiness in other things like praying or learning. I am also feeling confused a lot these days. But I just spoke from my heart. Whether you feel better after following my advice or not, it was just my two pence worth. I really hope you feel better soon. Sending you good vibes...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OD3F7J2PeYU

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=q0efJJSdPoY

Haha enjoy...

VJKK VJKF

Guest Kaur 2

VJKK VJKF

On 18 August 2018 at 10:58 AM, Guest jigsaw_puzzled_singh said:

I didn't really draw it though gurstkaur though if I did, it would resemble that kind of standard as I'm not good at drawing. I'm one of those people that can't actually do it themselves but likes to stand there and look deeply into a thing (be it a picture or a design) and make it tell me a story.

It's interesting you should say that because I have a thread here: 'Sikh Art and Architecture', in which I spent around 7 pages saying that exact same thing.. Great minds thing alike guestkaur !   

Like my own children, the last thing you really need is people telling you something you do is "wonderful" and "great" when it really isn't.  Constructive criticism when respectful is a wonderful thing little sister and I'm happy that you understand that and hope you go on to beatifully express yourself through the medium of art.

Thanks veerji, I take criticism postively no matter how harsh it may be. 

VJKK VJKF