Help...

s_kaur_d

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

well this aunty in class today was asking alotta questions... most of which i didnt know how to answer. it was about the Will of God and how if we get sick we go to the doctor or we have a heart attack and dial 911, how is that following the will of God? and she believes everyone will go to God if you do good deeds even if you don't take Amrit... and i said that everythin is ultimately in the will of God and she said 'then me not being Amritdhari is in the will of God'... Can anyone gimme any info or Shabads so i can back myself up next Sunday blush.gif thanx in advance pray.gif

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Sat Sri Akal:

Here, have a book:

http://www.gurmat.info/sms/smspublications...ndgi%20Nama.pdf

There is a chapter in there that explains the superficial contradiction that supposely exists in the Guru Granth Sahib, in which at some places, Gurbani says to take steps to actively move towards the Almighty...and another in which Gurbani states that all is in the hands of the Almighty.

Interesting... :T:

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

Well i was at Gurudwara listening to someone tell this sakhi of Guru Nanak Dev Ji, i dnt no wer you can find it written, maybe the sangat could help find it ???

nway it gos lik dis, basically Guru Nanak Dev Ji and Mardana where walking and praising Vaheguru, they were walking past these houses in which they could see people dong wrongfull acts. Guru Nanak Dev Ji would just walk past these people, Mardana got angry, he sed to Guru Nanak Dev Ji that why are you walking past these people lets go and save them. Guru Nanak Dev Ji replied to just leve them it is not their time to be saved yet.

Now to me this meets with your Q in regard to the fact that your teacher is not amritdhari, If amrit is the only way then maybe it is not her time to be saved yet, or maybe she will become Amritdhari later in life - who nos gods will

bhull chuk muaff

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

This reminds me of the joke..I can't remember how the whole joke went but it was something like this:

A man was stranded and the place started filling up with water. The reached his ankles a someone came out to save him and the man denied the help saying "god will save me". The water then reached his waist and a boat went by offering him help. Again the man denied help stating that god would help him. Just as the water reached his neck a helicopter came and again the man shouted: "I don't need help god will save me". The man drowned and he then asked god, "why didn't you save me". God replied "who do you think sent the man, the boat and the helicopter?"

My point is guru sahib helps us and it is all bhana but we also have to help oursleves. We can't sit at home and expect everything to come to us i.e a job, education, sangat etc. We also have to put some effort in to get these things. However, if we have tried our best and we do not get what we want then we should accept that this is bhaana.

I.e. if we get sick, get help from a Dr and still do not get better that is bhaana. Just sitting there whilst you are sick saying it's bhaana and thinking help will come to you IF that is guru sahib' hukum is not exactly bhaana in my book.

Guru sahib has helped people that have been e.g. sick at home not willing to see a Dr/have not wanted to dial 911 but those kind of people have been doing paath/simran & guru sahib helps them SIMPLY BECAUSE they are devoted sikhs.

The issue at hand as per my assessment is whether to be baptised as an amritdhari sikh is a must or not for a Sikh

to get salvation.

There are so many religions in the world. every religion has its own rules and practices. every religion has its own beliefs. Our gurus did not condemn any religion as such. they advocated that every person must be true to his faith nd follow the principles not blindly but after fully appreciating the significance of all.

Every body or every Sikh knows the Sikhs came into being with the message and teachings of Guru Nanak the first one. All the subsequent Nanaks strengthened the Sikh tree as planted by him. The matter reached its climax when Dasmesh Pita on Vaisakhi day of 1699, created the Khalsa Panth

Without going into any further details in this post it shall be sufficient to say that Guru Dasmesh said,

Rehani rahe soi Sikh Mera, Oh sahib main Us ka chera

again

Pratham Rehat Yeh jaan, Khande Ki Pahul Chhake,

and

Jab lag Khalsa Rehae Nirara, tab Lag Tej deo Main sara,

jab eh gahe Bipran Ki reet, main na Karun in ki parteet,

then he said after baptising the Sikhs the Panj Piyaras that thence forth your father shall be Guru Gobind Singh and mother sahib Devan, Birth place as Anandpur Sahib and you shall be having no castes and background. The Khalsa as a new religion,as a new person was born.

So unless khalsa takes Amrit, how can he or she be a son or daughter of Amrit ke Datai da. I mean he or she cannot be called an offspring of Guru Gobind Singh and if you are not wiling to call him as your father by not getting Amrit or accepting to be an Amritdhari Sikh, how can you expect that he will take

care of you

Jagjit Singh