amzing bachans from granths etc

Guest bachans

I cannot remember it correctly- came someone correct my errors?:

A sikh devotee told Guru Gobind Singh ji he wanted to learn Gurbani.  Guru ji asked another devotee to teach the requesting sikh 'Anand' paath (Gurbani about "Bliss").

After some time had passed Guru Gobind Singh ji asked the teacher how the sikh who requested to learn was doing.  The teacher said the student only attended one lesson and didn't show up after that.    Guruji requested the learner to come and and see him.

When he arrived Guru ji asked why he stopped learning.  The sikhs said that one line had effected him so much he feel into anand state ("bliss").  (i.e. he had taken just one line to heart and so had reached the goal).  Guru ji approved of him and blessed him.

people read a lot of part, but even one line can be enough, if you absorb it correctly.

another similar story (again not sure if I am telling it accurately):

Guru Gobind Singh was walking past a Sikh who was reading Gurbani and suddenly turned and struck the sikh.  The sikh asked why he had been struck.  Guru ji explained that he had mispronounced a vowel-sound, hence pronounced a different word and so completely changed the meaning of the line of Gurbani he was reading.  i.e. this was a serious offence to 'alter' the Gurbani.

pronunciation and accuracy is very important.