Getting Rishta from India

Guest Guest

Hi,

So there's a possibility of marrying a girl from India but i'm not sure entirely.

Has anyone been through this recently?

How much savings do you need? How long would it take for the girl to come over etc..

If anyone has any info it would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Hi For me personally getting married to a girl from punjab was the best thing to happen to me. You need to keep a eye on the gov website as rules change. But basically you need to be earning at least £18600. Stuff like bank statements and payslips. 

I live in UK and a family member married a someone from India a few years ago.

Immediately after marriage they both came to UK, the partner had a visitor visa. We then applied for spouse visa. The visitor visa ran out so the partner returned to India instead of remaining here illegally. It took 18 months to get the spouse visa sorted before the partner returned to UK and still 1 year remains before the partner can apply to become permanent British resident. The 18 months included the visa getting rejected and us appealing it in court - the judge decided in our favour.

You need to earn £19k + or have enough in savings to support your partner. The partner will need to complete basic English tests - there are test centres in India and they offer English lessons.

We had to build a supporting file to submit for the visa. This included having to contact the mobile phone provider to obtain call history and also print out Whatsapp history - to prove there has been communication between the 2 people. So keep records of all communications, don’t delete emails or messages. 

Your best option is to spend an hour or 2 with an immigration lawyer to ask all the questions you have. After this you can decide if a rishta from India might be right for you.