shaheed akali nihang baba deep singh ji di khanda

Guest Lohgarh Singh

Guest Lohgarh Singh

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

does anyone know how long baba ji's khanda was? i know ive posted this to the general/whats new part but no ones replying! so i posted it here to get of a chance to get a reply. because i do carpentry and i want to make a replica of baba ji's sword, plz reply pray.gif even if you not sure plz say! thanks ^_^

Fateh Jio!

Mahan Kosh says that a Khargg should be of 5 fingers bredth and 50 fingers length. A khargg is most likely another name for a Khanda. I can't be 100% sure if the conventional terms with martial arts have changed or something, that you can check with those Shashtar-dhari Singhs/Singhees who have more knowledge.

I don't know if Baba Deep Singh ji Shaheed used this size, most likely something bigger (depending upon the weight), but this is the standard size. I will try to see if i can find something else and let you know. Also his Khandeh's weight was 18 ser...ie 32 lbs, that is about 14,5 kg.

Added later: ok, now i am sure that Khargg = Khanda. another way of writing it is Khadag. It is the same size and form. So it should be that size, if Baba Deep Singh ji used standard Khanda.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Lohgarh Singh

wjkk wjkf

thanks for replying sangat, i now have an idea of how big their khanda was. judging by their pictures it was a one handed khanda. one handed khanda i would have thought were "das hath khanda" (ten fists lenghths) so a person of 8ft would have had a fist lenghth of 4.5 inches. 4.5 x 10 = 44, their khanda was 45 inches in length! thats just one inch less of how big my kharag khanda would be! thats my 12 fist 2 handed khanda! imagine the strength needed to weild that.................................................

i doubt that akali baba deep singh was 8ft tall, sri guru hargobind sahib jis height is mentioned in old text which state he was near 7ft tall and had enormous amounts of strength, im sure if akali baba deep singh was 8ft tall it would have been noted somewhere, and IF they were 8ft tall, do u really think their neck would have taken a chop from someone even 6ft???

a kara which can go over ur head???? u sure ur not talkin about a chakar? do u understand how big someones hand has to be for the kara to be larger then the circumference of ur head? sorry but i think that guy who told u was "feeding u some"

i think there are some refferences to akali baba deep singhs khanda weighin near 18 kilos, which is feasible, esspecially a 2 handed kharag