PLAY CANCELLED

sarblohsingh2004

Thank You Waheguru Ji ! ! ! !

Even Khalid Mahmood Mp for Perry Barr did a better job than all our 'leaders' in explaining to the BBC News what the problem was, how the Rep and playwriter were at fault and could easily have made simple changes but kept them in including sikh symbols to purposefully cause maximum offence

Respect to him and he's going to gain the odd sikh vote methinks!

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!

1. Surely the Sikh leaders within Birmingham had told the Rep what they had a problem with with the plays setting i.e in a Gurdwara.

2. The reason why a minority acted as they did was out of frustration.

3. Didnt the Rep think maybe if they changed ONE thing everything would be ok? Especially as the Birmingham Inter-Faith group also objected to it. A group which includes Christians, Jews, Hindus, Muslims, Bhuddists and many other faiths.

4. Where are these 'death threats' agianst the 'writer' of the play? If they were real, wouldnt the police have commented?

5. Where was the CRE in all of this? If it was set in a church, synagoggue, mandir or mosque they would have been in Birmingham faster than siperman. Was the tv coverage not enough for them?

6. Surely the 'writer' knew what could happen? (Bet this also gives good publicityfor her BBC play that shes written)

7. The media seems to have forgotten to mention that for several days before Saturday there had been peaceful protests.

8. What if i write a play about Nelson Mandelas early life, when he was a terrorist. Would that be acceptable?

9. If i write a play about, say a theatre owner who puts on a christmas pantomine so that he can audition little kids for the roles and sexually abuse will the Rep accept my play?

P.S. Wikipedia seems to have changed the description on Sant Jarnail Singh Bhindranwale Ji. Guess what i'll be doing next. rolleyes.gif

he he he ^_^

Sikhlionz that to my post? lol  I've had to explain these points to my non-Sikh friends because in the UK, a person faith/religion is their business and theirs alone.  If your Sikh your Sikh etc, and its ok as long as it doesnt interfear in another persons life.

CORRECTED Sant Jarnail Singh Bhindranwale Ji Wikipedia Page. :wub: