Play may feature at another venue

stopsingh

answering back to Paxman is no easy task so i say respect to him as i dont think some freshy with no grasp of english like most of our leaders could do better !

anyhow; i agree & repeat the essence of previous posts:

wherever the play is held-

only PEACEFUL PROTESTS, we need more GIRLS/SINGHNIA/BIBIA involved otherwise we look like male mobs and more CHILDREN to show we didn't attack any children on saturday

also get Mohan Singh, CSGB and other leaders to work with police so we have our own people forming lines to ensure the funnier members of our youth don't get too frisky and turn things violent because that is something we definetly want to avoid in front of the world's media

we are being branded as deniers of free speech, as violent mobs hell-bent on breaking the law-

IT IS UP TO US TO PROVE WE ARE NOT- BESTEST BEHAVIOUR PLEEEEEASE

UNITED WE STAND :wub:

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guru Piare Khalsa Jio

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh,

^_^ Let's all put the protests and violence aside to remember the great sacrifices of the Char Sahibzade and Mata Gujri Ji, who sacrificed their lives for Sikhism. ^_^

pray.gif On Wednesday 22nd December 2004, it will be exactly 300 years since the Martrdom of the Older Sahibzade, Sahibzada Baba Ajit Singh Ji and Sahibzada Baba Jujar Singh Ji. Let's all rise at Amrit Vele 3am and do our Panj Bania Nitnem and five Chaupai Sahib Ji de Path until 5am (the end of Amrit Vela) pray.gif

We should all repeat this routine on Sunday 26th December 2004, to remember the great sacrifices of the Younger Sahibzade, Sahibzada Baba Zoravar Singh Ji and Sahibzada Baba Fateh Singh Ji, who were bricked alive in Fategarh Sahib exactly 300 years ago.

Whilst remembering the great sacrifices of the Sahibzade, let's not forget Mata Gujri Ji's sacrifice.

Let's also remember the great sacrifices of the Forty Singh's accompanying Guru Gobind Singh Ji and thei

r family.

Let's all put our differences aside and unite together!

Maharaj Ji Sabna Nun Gursikhi Jeevan, Prema Bhakti, De Arogta, Chardi Kala ate Aps Vich Pyar Pars Bakhshish Karan.

Maharaj Ji Mere Varge Murkhan Nun Sojhi Bakshish Karan, Tan Ke Usi Panth Di Pyar Nal Vad Chhar Ke Seva Karan De Jog Hoyie

If I've said anything, which may have hurt the feelings of my brothers and sisters, please do forgive me.

Ap Ji De Charna Da Nimana Nitana Sevadar

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Considering what was siad on Channel 4 news by the friend of the author and everything else today. I think an olive branch should be sent out to show. Something I wrote earlier. Notably no 4

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Pyare jio, although a post mortem may be pre-mature with the possiblilty of the play going to another venue. Still we need to evaluate so far, and improve ourselves, learning lessons, so that we do not make the same mistakes again.

LEARNING LESSONS - in my opinion:-

1. Apart from a few notable exceptions, Mohan Singh, Jasdev Singh, most of our media representation has been poor, neither concise, nor capable of winning the argument. Our spokespersons should learn from modern day politicians and leaders. The way you talk to media, is you have 2 or 3 vital argument winning points, and push them. Do not degress, waffle, or speculate. We also need more youth contributing on radio discussions, emailing news media and working on responding in a Gurmat manner.

2. The strategy has been good from The Birmingham sikhs. This is not a question of censorship, but a question of context in terms of the setting of the play,and its bringing sikhism into it. Change the setting and we have no problem. This is the message which need to be drilled more into the media. Plus that fact we support freedom of speech, our Guru were shaheed for it, but it needs to sensible and factual, and not abused with the sole intention to benefit from the publicity of controversy. This is what needs to be highlighted.

3. Youth need to stop relying on elders wit

h hidden agendas, and become far more prominent in seva. Clearly much of this could have prevented if our so-called leaders were not more worried about their own agendas during pre-screening and far more vocal then. Birmingham singhs really need to look at this, and remove those who have performed particularly badly in representing us.

4. Violence - this is not something we should be proud of. We should see how everyone has jumped on that, and it has encouraged thier position on us censoring them. Yes, it has made them take us seriously, but sikhs need to be wary of being seen as thugs. When questioned about this, our leaders need to condemn it. Not say they have no control over youth, this is poor. Instead they should highlight the countryside alliance protests, and show hot-headedness is in every community. Also mention, there is probably more disturbances on a saturday night in town centres, and this is being blown out of propotion. It is the Brom Rep, who cannot guarantee the safety of children, no us sikhs.

5. THE WRITER - a olive branch should be presented to the writer. The leaders of the protests should send out a statement, that if the writer will apologise for the setting on the play in a Gurdwara, and change this. Then we as Sikhs will welcome this and draw a line under this matter. But a clear apology for the setting of the play is essential! Although some may disagree with this, I feel this is essential to show we as Sikhs are trying to resolve it in a sensible way, and we are not "fatwa-like muslim fanatics". If you watch todays Channel 4 coverage it was hinted it was only middle-aged fundamental men who are protesting, hinting they have something to hide. I think we should put the pressure on the writer rather than letting her be a "Martyr to Freedom of Speech". It will also counter the whole threats things by her and her friend, as we are willing to have structured dialogue with her. She is the cause of this, and the person who used by the artists in their war of words. It i

s her the pressure should be put on.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Jagjit Singh Ji - WJKK WJKF - I totally agree with you :-

5. THE WRITER - a olive branch should be presented to the writer. The leaders of the protests should send out a statement, that if the writer will apologise for the setting on the play in a Gurdwara, and change this. Then we as Sikhs will welcome this and draw a line under this matter. But a clear apology for the setting of the play is essential!

The REP and the writer currently hold the moral high ground in the public's opinion. We need to win the PR battle that is currently being fought, and make sensible statements asap.

If they agree to apologise, and change the setting of the play, we could say that we would be happy to campaign FOR the play to go ahead in another venue, in the name of Responsible Freedom of Speech.

That'd confuse them, and put an end to the usual repressive minority stuff that is currently being banded about.

But who should put this statement out ?? And when ?? We're back to who really represents us again ??

WJKK WJKF

to be wholly honest the odd show that we're willing to fight for our beliefs if necessary may not be such an awfully bad thing... even namby pamby environmentalists go crazy every now and then but see how the media whip it up like we do this all the time whereas environmentalists and animal rights campaigners actually DO

<_<