anser plz

paul_84

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

i jsut a have a quick qeustion about a vakh in the Guru Granth Sahib can any1 plz tell me wat it means plz plz plz.......................

Mitti Muslman ki, pedde payee kummiar,

plz anser gurikhs..BHUL CHUKK MUAFF KARNII__//\\__

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

I think potters (ghumiars) would use the soil from around grave sites because it had the best kind of clay.

Muslims make a big deal about being buried as opposed to cremated. So, when a potter takes the grave soil and turns it into a pot, he will have to heat it in a kiln (using fire).

I think the shabad translates “The soil of the muslim is used by the potter”

Bhul chuk maaf

I think your interpretation is quite right- it matches mine at least! I think this is another of the cases where Guru Ji explains how foolish certain practices are, and thus even after being buried, it may well be the case that a deceased muslim is burnt anyway. I have always thought personally that the logic behind this line of Gurbani is exposing the falsehood of judgement day, when buried dead bodies are said to rise again as per the beliefs of some other religions. Adherents of such religions refuse to be cremated in the belief that they will again later need their bodies for the afterlife ( The decayed bodies are said to be refashioned afresh!). This line shows the foolishness of such beliefs, as the body becomes decomposed to dust anyway, so what is the difference if it is cremated to ashes?

Just my interpretation folks!