*IS THERE A FUTURE OF CHILDREN BECOMING GURSIKHS?*

sher_panjabi

Waheguru Ji Ka khalsa Waheguru Ji ke Fateh

I would also like to point out that our Guru Ji's ensured we had dhadi's singing vaars to reflect on history and great Sikh warriors (men and women) and also gave us kavishers to give the Khalsa a view of the challanges needed to be faced today for the Panth. In the western world I 've yet to see this example led by any Sikhs in English, we need dhadi vaars in English and Kavishars too, but how do we accomplish such a goal.I am sure Guru Ji will one day give us a brain wave as to somehow kick start this kind of project. How can you emulate the Vaars our panjabi Dhadi's perform which many of the youth don't understand. To the westerner Sikh they come across as rappers. I know someone in Canada did some sort of Gatka rap but that was big booobooo due to the lyrics used from gangster type 50 cent music. I go over and over with this in my brain , but we desparately need help here. I hope some one on this forum can come up with some kind of an idea if not today maybe in the coming future. I can only offer ardas to Guru Ji to help in getting the message across. Muslims have such excellent english speakers/translaters for the koran and they perform in mosques daily and on radio too. I have listened to them on Radio on some of the evenings and Khalsa Jeeo I can ensure you that we are way off by miles in comparison. We need to promote this somehow in such a manner and present excellent speakers who understand Gurbani , not with just stories from saakhees which do help but we need much much more depth and understanding.

Sorry to ramble on, Panth needs waking up!!

tyle='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>koeI jn hir isau dyvY jor