The King

Pug Singh

Waheguroo Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguroo Ji Ki Fateh

blush.gif Hello, just a quick question;

Forgive me cos i have no knowledge, but the question i had is that i've heard loads of people mention the our king is Guru Gobind Singh Ji, I just wondered, aren't all our Guru's our King(s)?

Just a thought, would appreciate it if you could let me know.

Thanks

Gurfateh

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

How many Gurus do Sikhs believe in??

a) 10?

b) 1?

c) 11?

Principle Satbir Singh in Sau Sawaal writes: Sikhs have only one Guru. It is wrong to believe that Sikhs have 10 Gurus.

Guru Gobind Singh Ji writes: "Pritham Bhagautee Simar Ke, Guru Naanak Leyee Dhi-aa-e. Phir Angad Gur, Te Amar Daas, Raam Daas...." "... Tegh Bahadar Simree-ai, ghar nau-nidh aavai dhaa-e, sabh thaa-ee hoye s-haa-e"

The shabad used for the section of ardaas - doesnt say:

Guru Nanak, Guru Angad, Guru Amar Daas etc

Guru is only used in the title of Guru Nanak, thereafter Guru is not used... Phir Angad Guru - highlights how the jyot and saroop of nanak passed down to the next saroop.

Sikhs dont have 10 Gurus

Sikhs have 1 Guru

The 1 Guru was manifested in 10 bodies, saroops.

Guru Gobind Singh is King because of qualities, lifestyle and actions... however if GURU Gobind Singh Ji is King... then that means the 10 Saroops of the Guru are also King!

food for thought

Guest noonespecial

But what about..

qyrw kvxu gurU ijs kw qU cylw

Who is your guru? Whose disciple are you?

sbdu gurU suriq Duin cylw[/color]

The Shabad is the Guru, upon whom I lovingly focus my consciousness; I am the chaylaa, the disciple.

grin.gif

Isn't our Guru then SHABAD GURU?

And what about...

[font=GurbaniWeb

Thick]bwxI gurU gurU hY bwxI ivic bwxI AMimRqu swry[/font]

The Word, the Bani is Guru, and Guru is the Bani. Within the Bani, the Ambrosial Nectar is contained.

Of course Gurbani is everlasting. Not like the Dehdhaari Guru's that many sects have these days. Gurbani says...

so guru krhu ij bhuir n krnw

Adopt such a Guru, that you shall not have to adopt another again.

And also, Baba Nand Singh Jee used to say..

"Amrit Bani (Gurbani) was the Guru from the very beginning. Sri Guru Nanak Sahib illuminated the world through Gurbani. The same divine Jot continued the process of illumination through Gurbani in the luminous form of Sri Guru Angad Sahib. Sri Guru Nanak Sahib continued the divine process through Sri Guru Amar Das Ji and so on. Illumination continues unabated through the same Gurbani from Sri Guru Granth Sahib. For Gurmukhs, the eternal illumination is flowing straight from the holy lips of Jot Roop Har Guru Nanak whereas others only perceive a holy book in front. Sri Guru Granth Sahib is 'JAAGDI JOT', LIVING SRI GURU NANAK SAHIB "

So in essence, there is NO difference between Guru Nanak Dev Ji, or the other 9 Masters and GURU GRANTH SAHIB JEE!!

Who's your King? You my dear Veerji, have been lucky enough to be a servant of not just O

NE King...but ELEVEN!!!

Dhan Guru Nanak Dev Sahib Jee

Dhan Guru Angad Dev Sahib Jee

Dhan Guru Amar Das Sahib Jee

Dhan Guru Ram Das Sahib Jee

Dhan Guru Arjun Dev Sahib Jee

Dhan Guru Hargobind Sahib Jee

Dhan Guru Har Rai Sahib Jee

Dhan Guru Harkrishan Sahib Jee

Dhan Guru Tegh Bahadur Sahib Jee

Dhan Guru Gobind Singh Sahib Jee

DHAN GURU GRANTH SAHIB JEE!!

Of course, I'm just a manmukh so you should ask someone who's a bit more qualified.