Best Way To Memorize Nitneem Banis

Guest Akaal108

Firstly, some good tips above. Will try 2 apply them...then hopefully something really worth it's while will get stuck into my thick head!

mast subh mast

Once when das was doing Sri Rehraas Sahib da paath with Bhai Sahib Bhai Jeevan Singh Ji, they stopped me at this part (usually they let me self-correct mistakes). They said the pad-sched as is found commonly in gutkae (and how I had always heard it recited) did not make sense. The corrected version is so as to include 'subham sat'. This will probably make sense when you look at the Gurmukhi, rather than English alphabet, as I think they are mukhta words i.e. without any vowels.

Subject to approval...

Pul chuk di khimaa(n)...

'Sukhi moorakh'

When i first started learning as a kid, i grouped different pauri's together and memorized it like that. at that time i was young and thought i had to memorize it and didnt want to, so i used to place markers to remind me how far i got and how much more time it would take, it kinda helped tongue.gif

also if there are two people who are trying to memorize it, then its nice like that, because u can listen to the other person and help them catch their errors, sometimes its easier to catch them when other people are doing it, and then it helps u to remember when u do it....

pul chuk maaf

fateh