Todays Hukamnama

naam_jap

VAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA VAHEGURU JI KI FATEH !!

SORATH, FOURTH MEHL, PANCH-PADAS:

If one eats the uneatable, then he becomes a Siddha, a being of perfect spirituality; through this perfection, he obtains wisdom. When the arrow of the Lords Love pierces his body, then his doubt is eradicated. || 1 || O my Lord of the Universe, please bless Your humble servant with glory. Under Gurus Instructions, enlighten me with the Lords Name, that I may dwell forever in Your Sanctuary. || Pause || This whole world is engrossed in coming and going; O my foolish and ignorant mind, be mindful of the Lord. O Dear Lord, please, take pity upon me, and unite me with the Guru, that I may merge in the Lords Name. || 2 || Only one who has it knows God; he alone has it, to whom God has given it so very beautiful, unapproachable and unfathomable. Through the Perfect Guru, the unknowable is known. || 3 || Only one who tastes it knows it, like the mute, who tastes the sweet candy, but cannot speak of it. The jewel is concealed, but it is not concealed, even though one may try to conceal it. || 4 || Everything is Yours, O Inner-knower, Searcher of hearts; You are the Lord God of all. He alone receives the gift, unto whom You give it; O servant Nanak, there is no one else. || 5 || 9 ||

Sunday, 6th Bhaadon (Samvat 537 Nanakshahi) (ANG: 607)

• Replies 814
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DHANAASAREE, FIFTH MEHL:

Wherever I look, there I see Him present; He is never far away. He is all-pervading, everywhere; O my mind, meditate on Him forever. || 1 || He alone is called your companion, who will not be separated from you, here or hereafter. That pleasure, which passes away in an instant, is trivial. || Pause || He cherishes us, and gives us sustenance; He does not lack anything. With each and every breath, my God takes care of His creatures. || 2 || God is undeceiveable, impenetrable and infinite; His form is lofty and exalted. Chanting and meditating on the embodiment of wonder and beauty, His humble servants are in bliss. || 3 || Bless me with such understanding, O Merciful Lord God, that I might remember You. Nanak begs God for the gift of the dust of the feet of the Saints. || 4 || 3 || 27 ||

Monday, 7th Bhaadon (Samvat 537 Nanakshahi) (ANG : 677)

DHANAASAREE, FIFTH MEHL:

You are the Giver, O Lord, O Cherisher, my Master, my Husband Lord. Each and every moment, You cherish and nurture me; I am Your child, and I rely upon You alone. || 1 || I have only one tongue which of Your Glorious Virtues can I describe? Unlimited, infinite Lord and Master no one knows Your limits. || 1 || Pause || You destroy millions of my sins, and teach me in so many ways. I am so ignorant I understand nothing at all. Please honor Your innate nature, and save me! || 2 || I seek Your Sanctuary You are my only hope. You are my companion, and my best friend. Save me, O Merciful Saviour Lord; Nanak is the slave of Your home. || 3 || 12 ||

Tuesday, 8th Bhaadon (Samvat 537 Nanakshahi) (ANG: 673)

VAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA VAHEGURU JI KI FATEH !! :wub:

VAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA VAHEGURU JI KI FATEH !

SOOHEE, FIFTH MEHL:

When Your hand is over our heads, O Lord and Master, how can we suffer in pain? The mortal being does not know how to chant Your Name he is intoxicated with the wine of Maya, and the thought of death does not even enter his mind. || 1 || O my Sovereign Lord, You belong to the Saints, and the Saints belong to You. Your servant is not afraid of anything; the Messenger of Death cannot even approach him. || 1 || Pause || Those who are attuned to Your Love, O my Lord and Master, are released from the pains of birth and death. No one can erase Your Blessings; the True Guru has given me this assurance. || 2 || Those who meditate on the Naam, the Name of the Lord, obtain the fruits of peace. Twenty-four hours a day, they worship and adore You. In Your Sanctuary, with Your Support, they subdue the five villains. || 3 || I know nothing about wisdom, meditation and good deeds; I know nothing about Your excellence. Guru Nanak is the greatest of all; He saved my honor in this Dark Age of Kali Yuga. || 4 || 10 || 57 ||

Wednesday, 9th Bhaadon (Samvat 537 Nanakshahi) (ANG: 749)

VAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA VAHEGURU JI KI FATEH !!!!!! :wub:

VAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA VAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

SORATH, FIFTH MEHL:

I met the True Guru, by great good fortune, and my mind has been enlightened. No one else can equal me, because I have the loving support of my Lord and Master. || 1 || I am a sacrifice to my True Guru. I am at peace in this world, and I shall be in celestial peace in the next; my home is filled with bliss. || Pause || He is the Inner-knower, the Searcher of hearts, the Creator, my Lord and Master. I have become fearless, attached to the Gurus feet; I take the Support of the Name of the One Lord. || 2 || Fruitful is the Blessed Vision of His Darshan; the Form of God is deathless; He is and shall always be. He hugs His humble servants close, and protects and preserves them; their love for Him is sweet to Him. || 3 || Great is His glorious greatness, and wondrous is His magnificence; through Him, all affairs are resolved. Nanak has met with the Perfect Guru; all his sorrows have been dispelled. || 4 || 5 ||

Thursday, 10th Bhaadon (Samvat 537 Nanakshahi) (ANG: 609)

VAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA VAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

VAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA VAHEGURU JI KI FATEH !!!!

DHANAASAREE, FIRST MEHL, CHHANT:

ONE UNIVERSAL CREATOR GOD. BY THE GRACE OF THE TRUE GURU:

Why should I bathe at sacred shrines of pilgrimage? The Naam, the Name of the Lord, is the sacred shrine of pilgrimage. My sacred shrine of pilgrimage is spiritual wisdom within, and contemplation on the Word of the Shabad. The spiritual wisdom given by the Guru is the True sacred shrine of pilgrimage, where the ten festivals are always observed. I constantly beg for the Name of the Lord; grant it to me, O God, Sustainer of the world. The world is sick, and the Naam is the medicine to cure it; without the True Lord, filth sticks to it. The Gurus Word is immaculate and pure; it radiates a steady Light. Constantly bathe in such a true shrine of pilgrimage. || 1 || Filth does not stick to the true ones; what filth do they have to wash off? If one strings a garland of virtues for oneself, what is there to cry for? One who conquers his own self through contemplation is saved, and saves others as well; he does not come to be born again. The supreme meditator is Himself the philosophers stone, which transforms lead into gold. The true man is pleasing to the True Lord. He is in ecstasy, truly happy, night and day; his sorrows and sins are taken away. He finds the True Name, and beholds the Guru; with the True Name in his mind, no filth sticks to him. || 2 || O friend, association with the Holy is the perfect cleansing bath. The singer who sings the Lords Praises is adorned with the Word of the Shabad. Worship the True Lord, and believe in the True Guru; this brings the merit of making donations to charity, kindness and compassion. The soul-bride who loves to be with her Husband Lord bathes at the Triveni, the sacred place where the Ganges, Jamuna and Saraswaati Rivers converge, the Truest of the True. Worship and adore the One Creator, the True Lord, who constantly gives, whose gifts continually increase. Salvation is attained by associating with the Society of the Saints, O friend; granting His Grace, God unites us in His Union. || 3 || Everyone speaks and talks; how great should I say He is? I am foolish, lowly and ignorant; it is only through the Gurus Teachings that I understand. True are the Teachings of the Guru. His Words are Ambrosial Nectar; my mind is pleased and appeased by them. Loaded down with corruption and sin, people depart, and then come back again; the True Shabad is found through my Guru. There is no end to the treasure of devotion; the Lord is pervading everywhere. Nanak utters this true prayer; one who purifies his mind is True. || 4 || 1 ||

Friday, 11th Bhaadon (Samvat 537 Nanakshahi) (ANG: 687)

VAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA VAHEGURU JI KI FATEH !!!!!!

VAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA VAHEGURU JI KI FATEH !!!

DHANAASAREE, FIFTH MEHL:

Wherever I look, there I see Him present; He is never far away. He is all-pervading, everywhere; O my mind, meditate on Him forever. || 1 || He alone is called your companion, who will not be separated from you, here or hereafter. That pleasure, which passes away in an instant, is trivial. || Pause || He cherishes us, and gives us sustenance; He does not lack anything. With each and every breath, my God takes care of His creatures. || 2 || God is undeceiveable, impenetrable and infinite; His form is lofty and exalted. Chanting and meditating on the embodiment of wonder and beauty, His humble servants are in bliss. || 3 || Bless me with such understanding, O Merciful Lord God, that I might remember You. Nanak begs God for the gift of the dust of the feet of the Saints. || 4 || 3 || 27 ||

Saturday, 12th Bhaadon (Samvat 537 Nanakshahi) (ANG : 677)

VAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA VAHEGURU JI KI FATEH !!!!!

VAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA VAHEGURU JI KI FATEH !!!!!

DHANAASAREE, THIRD MEHL, SECOND HOUSE, CHAU-PADAS:

This wealth is inexhaustible. It shall never be exhausted, and it shall never be lost. The Perfect True Guru has revealed it to me. I am forever a sacrifice to my True Guru. By Gurus Grace, I have enshrined the Lord within my mind. || 1 || They alone are wealthy, who lovingly attune themselves to the Lords Name. The Perfect Guru has revealed to me the Lords treasure; by the Lords Grace, it has come to abide in my mind. || Pause || He is rid of his demerits, and his heart is permeated with merit and virtue. By Gurus Grace, he naturally dwells in celestial peace. True is the Word of the Perfect Gurus Bani. They bring peace to the mind, and celestial peace is absorbed within. || 2 || O my humble Siblings of Destiny, behold this strange and wonderful thing: duality is overcome, and the Lord dwells within his mind. The Naam, the Name of the Lord, is priceless; it cannot be taken. By Gurus Grace, it comes to abide in the mind. || 3 || He is the One God, abiding within all. Through the Gurus Teachings, He is revealed in the heart. One who intuitively knows and realizes God, O Nanak, obtains the Naam; his mind is pleased and appeased. || 4 || 1 ||

Monday, 14th Bhaadon (Samvat 537 Nanakshahi) (ANG: 663)

VAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA VAHEGURU JI KI FATEH !!!

SHALOK, THIRD MEHL

Without the Name of the Lord, everyone wanders around the world, losing. The self-willed manmukhs do their deeds in the pitch black darkness of egotism. The Gurmukhs drink in the Ambrosial Nectar, O Nanak, contemplating the Word of the Shabad. || 1 || THIRD MEHL: He wakes in peace, and he sleeps in peace. The Gurmukh praises the Lord night and day. The self-willed manmukh remains deluded by his doubts. He is filled with anxiety, and he cannot even sleep. The spiritually wise wake and sleep in peace. Nanak is a sacrifice to those who are imbued with the Naam, the Name of the Lord. || 2 || PAUREE: They alone meditate on the Lords Name, who are imbued with the Lord. They meditate on the One Lord; the One and Only Lord is True. The One Lord is pervading everywhere; the One Lord created the Universe. Those who meditate on the Lords Name, cast out their fears. The Lord Himself blesses them with Gurus Instruction; the Gurmukh meditates on the Lord. || 9 ||

Tuesday, 15th Bhaadon (Samvat 537 Nanakshahi) 2005 (ang: 645-646)

vaheguru ji ka khalsa vaheguru ji ki fateh !!!!

JAITSREE, FIFTH MEHL, THIRD HOUSE:

Does anyone know, who is our friend in this world? He alone understands this, whom the Lord blesses with His Mercy. Immaculate and unstained is his way of life. || 1 || Pause || Mother, father, spouse, children, relatives, lovers, friends and siblings meet, having been associated in previous lives; but none of them will be your companion and support in the end. || 1 || Pearl necklaces, gold, rubies and diamonds please the mind, but they are only Maya. Possessing them, one passes his life in agony; he obtains no contentment from them. || 2 || Elephants, chariots, horses as fast as the wind, wealth, land, and armies of four kinds none of these will go with him; he must get up and depart, naked. || 3 || The Lords Saints are the beloved lovers of God; sing of the Lord, Har, Har, with them. O Nanak, in the Society of the Saints, you shall obtain peace in this world, and in the next world, your face shall be radiant and bright. || 4 || 1 ||

Wednesday, 16th Bhaadon (Samvat 537 Nanakshahi) (ang: 700)

vaheguru ji ka khalsa vaheguru ji ki fateh !!!!!