Sikhi Books

۹βkaur۹β

WJKK WJKF

on this thread reccomend books for sangat to read. also a review, admin can u plzz make this a sticky?? im sure many ppl agree :wub:

i reccomend:

SIKH GURUS

THEIR LIVES AND TEACHINGS

by K.S. duggal

this book is gr8 for everyone, tells u storys of all our guruji's in depth, i recomend this to beginners escpecially. the language is simple and really easy to understand. also certain shabads are taken from each guruji's tecahings, for e.g. when u read guru nanak dev ji's jevan theres a whole section of Selected hymns of guru nanak.

i love this book, bevcause the sakhia's in it have a really deep meaning, and u can never forget them, for e.g. i will always remeber the sakhi of Punja sahib..... the book explains eevrything in detail, such as how guru nanak dev ji picked up a little slab on the floor and water came rushing down for bhai mardana ji to drink, by this the wali qandhari who was at the top of the hill (refused to give mardana water) was furious.... therefore threw the massive stone at guru nanak dev ji....... and thats how punja sahib was craeted because guru nank dev ji immedialtey used his arm to block the stone from hitting them.

the book is in much more detail than that loll........ plzz if u can deffinatley read.

pull chuck marf

wjkk wjkf

pull chuk marf

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ooo i agree with that one ^^^ i gave my copy away :wub:

i strongly recommend the book entitled "garland around my neck"

The book details the life of puran singh, whom lived in the last century, and did so much seva for disabled people and animals in india. Most people back then wouldnt even touch a disabled person, but he saw waheguruji in everyone and dedicated his life to helping them. The garland around his neck refers to the first disabled child he helped, whom he would actually carry on his back (because there were no wheelchairs) even when that boy had become a man he would still take him everywhere with him on his back. He set up a massive institute in pingalwara to help disabled people which is still doing great seva today.

He also cared for a lot of sick abandoned animals.

Very very inspirational, everyone should read this book.

The second book i recommend is called the sikh religion by max arthur mccawliffe. It is a very indepth 3 volume set about the lives of the gurus. I warn that the language used is often quite difficult to understand if your english is basic.

i also recomend:

Life Of Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji

includes clarification on authentictity of Zafarnama, fatehnama, role of banda Bairagi, Amarnama and the facts connected with the Guru's Final Departure from Earth.

really goood boook.

WJKK WJKF

on this thread reccomend books for sanagt to read. also a review, admin can u plzz make this a sticky?? im sure many ppl agree :wub:

i reccomend:

SIKH GURUS

THEIR LIVES AND TEACHINGS

by K.S. duggal

this book is gr8 for everyone, tells u storys of all our guruji's in depth, i recomend this to beginners escpecially.

wjkk wjkf

pull chuk marf

Good Topic :wub:

Autobiography Of Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh... :TH: pray.gif

Also.... Se Kinehiya(Biography of Sant Baba Harnam Singh)...haven't read it myself... but was told it is a very good book. :WW:

Also.... Se Kinehiya(Biography of Sant Baba Harnam Singh)...haven't read it myself... but was told it is a very good book. :WW:

you can read it on http://www.rajkaregakhalsa.net/literature.htm

here is the link for it

http://www.rajkaregakhalsa.net/literature/...nam%20Singh.pdf

ooo kool