Ragi Darshan Chand To Open Gurduara

Guest Sikh Lehar

Guest Sikh Lehar

As we know that most of Gurduara just focus on singing Gurbani and don't focus on getting the message across to the youth and Punjabi community. Therefore, we have decided to open a new Gurduara which will focus on Gurmat philosophy.

We invite you to join us for the inauguration of the Sikh Lehar Centre on April 25th, 2009.

As our Sikh community is growing, there is a need to build on our resources to serve the needs of this expanding community. The Sikh Lehar Centre will serve as a forum to connect the Sikh Sangat through a focus on Gurbani principles. We are striving to assimilate the vision of the Sikh youth in this endeavour, and therefore call upon our committed youth to make a change in their community. Our mission is to organize and provide religious, social and educational programs for the awareness and enhancement of society as a whole based on the universal message of Guru Granth Sahib Ji.

Our objectives are to:

• Establish this institution to put Gurbani teachings into practice for the betterment of humanity.

• Explicate Gurbani messages in-depth for the benefit of all sections of society through this Centre, especially for the youth of our community.

• Teach Punjabi so that individuals can read Guru Granth Sahib themselves thus understanding Gurbani to improve their lives.

• Provide seniors with basic social services with the establishment of a designated area where these services will be provided.

• Provide tutoring for children who require help with their school work.

• Hold Gurbani congregations in hospitals to provide moral support for ill and depressed patients.

• Organize workshops for healthy living, including classes on nutrition.

• Provide day-care services for the working community through qualified and well trained staff.

• Provide counselling for the following social issues: domestic abuse, drug addiction, mental illness etc.

• Organize community based activities for children and youth to inculcate moral values.

• Develop and maintain a pool of Punjabi speaking nannies for families in need.

• Provide sports and recreational facilities for everyone.

• Establish and maintain a library to offer education in the areas of Gurbani, Sikh history and other important aspects of life.

• Develop alliances with organizations that help promote human welfare.

We look forward to you attending this event and furthermore, joining us in this progressive new mission.

Gurduara location is:

79 Bramsteele Road

L6W 3K6

Brampton, ON

Closest intersection is:

Steeles and Highway 410

Gurduara building is the large building with the 'go carting' sign.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't want to be seen as a ignorant fool.. but it does seem to me that there are already so many Gurdwaras in Brampton/Missisauga? There is Glidden Road Gurdwara literaly like 2-3km from the location it seems this one is being opened at. Dixie Gurdwara also isn't far.. there is also more Gurdwaras than there is a real need for. I hope that this Gurdwara will do something for the current situation of Sikhi. A lot of Parchaar or Gurmat needs to be done. Most Gurdwaras have something going on.. but nothing that gets youth to actualy get involved, learn and change. I also hope that the true Maryada passed down from the times of Guru Gobind Singh Ji is established here.. alot of Gurdwaras in the Toronto region have much beadbi and things that just aren't right in a Gurdwara going on. Also I would like to know who were the souls who are establishing this Gur-Asthan.. I do hope its of a more youthful cast :)

WJJK WJKF

Guest Benti

Please this is a very big benti. Please have keertan maryada, Degh maryada, and Guru Sahib in Pristine Form Parkaash. Please.

Keertan Maryada - Please implement Raag Maradya as instructed by Guru Granth Sahib Jee with Guru Sahibs tanti saaz (rabab, saranda, sarangi, taous, dilruba, mardang, pakawaj, etc.) Please also have The Baani of Guru Gobind Singh Jee, Bhai Gurdaas Jee and Bhai Nand Lal jee sung in Raag constantly and routinely. Please also have the keertan, katha, and all other sevas performed by Niskaam Gursikhs routinely, daily. (No dutydaars please, only sevadaars).

Degh Marayada - Please have Degh Made and distributed in Sarab Loh Battas by Amritdhaari Gursikhs (Singhs and Kaurs) daily. Please.

Guru Sahib - Please have Guru Granth Sahib Jee in Lareedar Form, as Given GurGaddi by Guru Gobind Singh Jee. This is Extremely important to me. Please provide a place for someone like me to get Darshan of Guru Sahib routinely. Please.

Please provide the above three principles and foundations, from this is where someone like me and in my perspective all Gursikhs and also humanity will get their inspiration and love to fulfill other sevas needed in the community and the world in general as you have outlined to achieve. Please.

Bentia Parwaan karo Jee. Please.

(please also have soaps, washing liquids, etc. used in Gurdwara Sahib that are vegan. (Free of all animal derived ingredients). There are plenty of vegan varieties available for the maintenance of a humane and loving place of Worship and place of Inspiration.)

Bentia Parwaan karo Jee. Please.

WaheguruuJeeKaKhalsa WaheguruuJeeKeeFateh

Guest Sikh Lehar

There is also a high chance of Jathedar of Sri Akaal Takht Sahib coming to the opening ceremony. Suggestions above have been forwarded to management and will be under serious consideration.

Guest Benti

I humbly hope that the Suggestions would be implemented. I have no place to go currently where I could be inspired by the foundation principles of Guru Nanak as per my current understanding and deep rooted feelings, and would love Guru Jees Darbaar to be a place of congregation as founded by Guru Nanak and Concreted by Guru Gobind Singh to be a place of inspiration and love, through the magic of Maryada with the salt of Utmost Prem (love and devotion). Please kindly update if the suggestions were adopted. I sincerely hope they are. Please.

It would also be great if Jathedaar Bhai Ranjit Singh would be invited. Currently, I am of the opinion that Jathedar Bhai Ranjit Singh is the rightful Jathedar of Akaal Takhat. Unfortunately, I feel that other Jathedars are pawns of the Badal dynasty. If I am mistaken, I do apologize.

Please keep informed.

Hoping Benteeaa will be Parwaan.

Guest Benti

Searching sikh lehar on Google, it brought me to a site that provided me the address of 79 Bramsteele Rd. under the name sikh lehar international. The website suggests that this group is affiliated with inder s ghagga and darshan s ragi. Is your organization affiliated or under the management of inder ghagga, darshan ragi, kala afgana, etc. and company? It is my understanding that the panth has been warned of mischievous activities by these individuals, and personally I do not want to be affiliated with such parchaar (I have come across their misguided views).

But I am alarmed at the same time. For you have suggested that my suggestions were under serious consideration, and my suggestions are based on Universally accepted and loved principles of Khalsa Panth, including Parkaash of SreeGuruGranthSahibJee in Lareedar as given GurGaddi by Guru Gobind Singh, Keertan Maryada in Raag with Gurmat Tanti Saaz, Degh Maryada in Sarb Loh made and distributed by practicing Khalsa, The importance of the Baani of Guru Gobind Singh Jee, Bhai Gurdaas Jee, and Bhai Nand Lal Jee (Khalsa of Guru Gobind Singh).

It would be appreciated if you could kindly clear my doubts.

Looking forward to your reply. My intention is not to offend, but to clear my doubts. For I only want to associate myself with those whom genuinely love GuruGranthSahib, the Baani of Guru Gobind Singh Jee, the Baani of Bhai Gurdaas Jee, The Baani of Bhai Nand Lal Jee, and the absolute love and affection of the Baptism of the Khanda Pahul or Amrit of the Panj Pyareh made by the Power of Japjee Sahib, Jaap Sahib, Swayea Sahib, Chopai Sahib and Anand Sahib. The absolute love of the Panj Kakaars by keeping them Ang-Sang, and the abstinence of the Four Bujjer Kureits (Which for me includes Meat, fish, Eggs, etc. I also only want to associate myself with those whom believe in Amrit Vela (3 or so hours before sunrise), the 7 Nitnem Baanis recited or heard with love and devotion daily, and Simran (of Gurmantar bestowed by Panj Pyareh).

Hoping my queries are addressed.