Sikh Prayer For Hope And Wisdom

merrym

Dear merrym,

I am sorry to tell you, but you doing paath or prayes, will benefit only you, and nobody else.

Just tell me if someone is hungry, so do you think, your eating food will satisfy that person´s hunger?

Someone is in distress, or sick; do you think you having medicine will soothe him or get him any relief? If not so, than how or where is the logic, that praying for someone, will get him some relief?

This is somehow "brahamwadi", which has no place in sikhee.

The Bani says, aapeh bijeeh, aape khaaey.

Nobody can share his/her karmas with anybody.

Or do we think we can fool Wahiguru?

If it was that easy, then sure there would be less pain in this world.

This is not like, one sees and elderly person carrying a heavy bag from the groccery shop, so one goes and gives a helping hand...

Moreover, do we think, Wahiguru listens someone´s prayers and makes deaf ears to others? You see, it we who are weak and limited, and we tend to think of Wahiguru, in our own limited and senseless terms...

If we think Wahiguru has the power to give, surley He has the power to know also, isn´t it? So then, do we need to ask?

The Bani says: kis agaay keejay Ardaas, bin boliyaa sabh kich hae jaanda. Everything that comes or happens in our lives, are our very own karmas. Long before we are born, every single karma is first written in our destiny, then only we are born. And this law of karma , is not made by any politicians nor parliament, which we can escape with bribery, as we corrupted humans usually do here.

Even in pain, there is His grace. He is all merciful, if there was no pain or suffering after our shameless karmas, then we would never ever try to walk on the right path...

In the time of kauravas, their king Dhritrashtra was blind by birth, but was also a type of yogi. Once in the company of Krishna, he asked him, I have gone with the tap of my yog abhyaas, 999 births back wards, and I can not see any karma of mine, for which I am blind in this birth...

Then Krishna, with his power, took him even 5 births still back, and showed him that in that birth, as a small child, he was sitting near a pond or lake, and how he had removed the eyes of a worm with something pointed ....

So, one can see, one has no control on how the karmas are gathered to make our destiny...but one thing is sure, the wise Nature knows, how to administrate justice and to balance the karmas ....

But according to our Gracefull Guru Sahibans, now in the present human life it is entirely upon us, to divert the course of our destinies, from the land of sorrow and pain in this mayavee creation, and go once and forever to the house of bliss of our True father Wahiguru Akal Purukh, through the simple technique of Nam Simran. This nam Simran, has the power to burn away all our karmas, purify us, and make us worthy to merge in Him, that is His " beant wadeeayee".

And as stated above, this has to be done by each one of us, for ourselves...this can not be earned and given into charity to someone...

In spiritual realms and everywhere else, thankfully things do not work upon our "maanmat", but by His mauj, His hukum, which is full of His Bakshish, His apaar Daya Meher ....

Sat Sree Akal Jee.

Guru Gobind Singh Sahib ji in above Bani "Chaupai Sahib" is requesting Almighty

ਸੁਖੀ ਬਸੈ ਮੋਰੋ ਪਰਿਵਾਰਾ ॥ ਸੇਵਕ ਸਿੱਖਯ ਸਭੈ ਕਰਤਾਰਾ ॥੩੭੮॥

O, Creator, May my family live in comfort along with all devotees and disciples.378.

ਸੇਵਕ ਸਿੱਖਯ ਹਮਾਰੇ ਤਾਰਿਯਹਿ ॥ ਚੁਨ ਚੁਨ ਸ਼ੱਤ੍ਰੁ ਹਮਾਰੇ ਮਾਰਿਯਹਿ ॥੩੮੦॥

Let my devotees and disciples cross the world-ocean; all my vices be singled out and killed.380.

There are other verses in Sri Guru Granth Sahib jeeo that talk about a single person's devotion or service can save his family, companions, ancestors & even emancipate the whole world.

ਆਪਿ ਤਰੈ ਕੁਲ ਸਗਲੇ ਤਾਰੇ ਗੁਰਮੁਖਿ ਜਨਮੁ ਸਵਾਰਣਿਆ ॥੩॥

Aap Tharai Kul Sagalae Thaarae Guramukh Janam Savaaraniaa ||3||

आपि तरै कुल सगले तारे गुरमुखि जनमु सवारणिआ ॥३॥

They save themselves, and save all their families and ancestors as well. The Gurmukhs redeem their lives. ||3||

Source - http://searchgurbani.com/scriptures/ang/125/line/5095

ਆਪਿ ਤਰਿਆ ਕੁਟੰਬ ਸਭਿ ਤਾਰੇ ਸਭਾ ਸ੍ਰਿਸਟਿ ਛਡਾਵੈ ॥੧॥

Aap Thariaa Kuttanb Sabh Thaarae Sabhaa Srisatt Shhaddaavai ||1||

आपि तरिआ कुट्मब सभि तारे सभा स्रिसटि छडावै ॥१॥

He saves himself, and saves all his generations as well; he emancipates the whole world. ||1||

Source - http://searchgurbani.com/scriptures/ggs_shabad/3536/line/17

ਜਪਿ ਗੋਬਿੰਦ ਸੰਗੀ ਸਭਿ ਤਾਰੇ ॥

Jap Gobindh Sangee Sabh Thaarae ||

जपि गोबिंद संगी सभि तारे ॥

Chant and meditate on God, the Lord of the Universe, and all of your companions shall be carried across;

Source - http://searchgurbani.com/scriptures/ang/760/line/32624

Prayer is a spontaneous conversation between a soul and the Lord.

It is good to pray,

it is a sign of humility before the Almighty Lord Wahiguru, this fills the heart, with gareebee, meekness.

Of course the Lord is all powerfull, He can change a mustard seed into a mountain and viceversa, but, Gurmat shows us, and tells us that, we should not take Wahiguru as the genie of Aladino´s lamp.

For example In hinduism, gods, devis, devtas do these type of things, to favour thier devotees, by being pleased with their devotion.

Wahiguru, is a state of highest level of consciousness and bliss. Gurmat is not only the written teachings of bhagats, and our Guru Sahibans, but is a practical way of reuniting our souls, with our origin, call it Nam, Shabad, or Wahiguru Akal Purukh.

Who is the infinite fountain of truth. Through our Guru Sahibans, we know about His majesty, His Beant Wadeeayee, and we also know, that His creation works under the laws created by Him. Which is also known as His Mauj, His Hukum.

We also know, He is very straightforward, He is not a crook like us, that every here and then, He keeps changing His very laws established by Him, just to suit some by favour. He is perfect, He makes no mistakes.

When we say, that by the devotion of a single person, his family members, companions, ancestors or the whole world can be saved ... let us be objective, does it not sound more, that these words refer to someone in particular like Gurmukhs, Guru Sahibans or Bhagats?

Or do we think that any paapee donkeys like us, can do this noble task?

Because to save someone, first of all, the saver should be on the safe side, and safe side means, being one with Wahiguru .

And so let us ask ourselves, are anyone of us, one with Wahiguru?

Have we merged our consciousness in Wahiguru? If, we ourselves do not know to swim, how can someone take others by mere words?

First of all, we have to board on that vehicle of Nam, and then, invite others to get in. But as every process has rules, inviting others to get in the jahaaz of Nam, means to get in through the ladder of Nam Simran....there is no other way to board in.

Then too, if we think, by someone´s prayers and devotion, others will get salvation, because God hears those prayers ... let us believe it to be true, but that does not mean it is instant...yes, God may grant them salvation, but in the due time, by His grace they may get in future births better enovoirements for spiritual abhyaas, to achieve that purity, so that our merging in Him is possible, and we should never forget that Nam Simran, is a must for each and every soul, for its emancipation....

Once one reaches His level while being here, one does not do anything which may go against His will, one stays always in His mauj...

Look at Christ, He was one with God, but when cruicified, though He had all powers, He said let thy will be done.

The same with Sachaay Patshah Guru Arjun Dev Maharaj, when He was tortured, He said tera bhaana meetha laageh, and we know He was also all powerfull

Prithi Chand, was the son of one Guru Sahiban, and the brother of another Guru Sahiban, but inspite of living with them and having their constant darshan, his evilness did not diminish...

So from the above example we have to understand, that let us forget forget emancipation which is a big word, but even the changing of durmat to Gurmat, is not done by force or just like that, or by one´s prayers or devotion ....but by attaching ourselves to that Consciouss power known as Nam or Shabad.

Even now Wahiguru is present everywhere, but then why so much pain, why are we separated from Him?

We do tell Him, hey Wahiguru I am missing You, please come and give me your Darshan, and let me become one with You....all of us must have said many times this prayer, maybe with different words, but same intentions, but let us be sincere, how much have we changed for better? How much have we lessened our kaam, krodh, lobh , moh or ahaankar? Or in one word our maanmat or durmat.

So if even these 5 vices, mind or kaal can not be killed by mere words, what to say about salvation? Salvation is only possible, by becoming one with Him, as the Bani says: Jin Har japeeya, se Har hoeeya.

Only Nam is our salvation, Nam is our shore, Nam is our seashore ...

In Raag Suhee, Dhan Dhan Guru Dev Maharaj, very clearly tells us something about our salvation:

ਮੇਲਹਿ ਤੁਝਹਿ ਰਜਾਇ ਸਬਦੁ ਕਮਾਈਐ

Maelehi Thujhehi Rajaae Sabadh Kamaaeeai

मेलहि तुझहि रजाइ सबदु कमाईऐ

You blend with Yourself by Your Will, those who practice the Word of the Shabad.

And practice of Shabad, means Nam Simran alone, nothing more nothing less.

P.S: Sometimes it may seem that at different places there are contraindications in the Bani, but for that we should see also the global teachings of the Bhagats and Guru Sahibans contained in the Bani, in order to have a correct perspective, to what and where, are our Guru Sahibans drawing our attention.

Please forgive me, do not get me wrong, if some may disagree with me, as everybody has the full right to do so, but we must rember also, we are not here to fight nor to throw others down, we are to walk shoulder with shoulder in humilty, in order to be balanced human beings with respect and dignity towards all.

Blessings to all from Wahiguru.

Sat Sree Akal.