Nihangs Huge dummalas

naam_jap

Hmm,

But if it has to weigh like 35 kilos on the head... facts are, you're gonna get bald. Then what comes of your beautiful kesh...

Also, its not healthy cause it puts a lot of weight on your back too, and if you tilt your head and some direction you can loose balance more easily, or it will do some bad things to your back...

Medium dumallas are fine, they make sense for promotion, for intimidation as a warrior, for protection... but when it comes to HUGE... there's a limit... and flowers too?! Thats getting fancy.

The body was made in a way to have good equilibrium the way it is... the head, the waist, the chest and legs have a certain percentage of weight that naturally makes sense... going beyond that by like 35 kilos is tooo much to be healthy.

About promotion... it might promote, but i dont think everyone would enjoy to walk around with an extra boulder on their shoulders... Thats not whats going to promote sikhi... the Banis and the essence of the mesg of Sikhism is what will bring people to it... in crowds. If they only knew.... *sigh*

92653[/snapback]

Why is it you believe a 35 kg dumalla will amke you bald? Ask Nihang Major Singh Ji if he is bald. Also, please do not talk about how unhealthy it is etc without consideringh the actual health of the wearer. Major Singh Ji has worn the super-large dumalla for a number of years, abd judging by his sword skills I thin k it is safe to gather there has been no damage to him yet.

I'm not saying its wise for everyone to wear such large dumallas as this is clearly not the case. However, if someone like Nihang Major Singh Ji chooses to wear one, and does so for what I see as such a good reason, then who are you to say there are better ways of raising the profile of Sikhi? Let the man do what he chooses to promote Sikhi, and if you feel he is not doing a good job then you can do whatever you want to promote Sikhi instead.

Waheguru ji ki fateh :T:

blush.gif ......Guys...though i am quite strict as far as the sikhi is concerned but many times .......I get irritated because of my symbol of "SHAAN" ,..........my turban... n i tell u it is much smaller than those damlas.........so i find no use in encouraging ppl to wear those big dumlas...........but i would be greatful to somebody if he could tell us how to wear comfortable turbans....... grin.gif

It's tough to be perfect in rehat maryada...if one is physically not comfortable

Bhul Chuk Muaf pray.gif

Hmm,

But if it has to weigh like 35 kilos on the head... facts are, you're gonna get bald. Then what comes of your beautiful kesh...

Also, its not healthy cause it puts a lot of weight on your back too, and if you tilt your head and some direction you can loose balance more easily, or it will do some bad things to your back...

Medium dumallas are fine, they make sense for promotion, for intimidation as a warrior, for protection... but when it comes to HUGE... there's a limit... and flowers too?! Thats getting fancy.

The body was made in a way to have good equilibrium the way it is... the head, the waist, the chest and legs have a certain percentage of weight that naturally makes sense... going beyond that by like 35 kilos is tooo much to be healthy.

About promotion... it might promote, but i dont think everyone would enjoy to walk around with an extra boulder on their shoulders... Thats not whats going to promote sikhi... the Banis and the essence of the mesg of Sikhism is what will bring people to it... in crowds. If they only knew.... *sigh*

92653[/snapback]

Agreed <_<