56 Sikh Families convert to Christianity

until caste is fully eradicated from sikh ppl, we can never get anywhere. i always say, its not like there are billions of us to go around.

thore jai hege, and we have to divide ourselves further by caste. Even within caste , you got jatha based divisions. :) @

joiq kI jwiq jwiq kI joqI ]

joth kee jaath jaath kee jothee ||

The creation is born of the Light, and the Light is in the creation.

But the fact remains that caste stuff does not belong anywhere, in any religion, in any country, in anything what-so-ever.

It happens out of people being brought up to it, or peer/parent-pressured... but truth is... WHO CARES what you have, and what your name is, and what you wear, and how much money you have, or how your house looks or who you married or whatever... like it says in Gurbani, you can have the whole world at your feet and fame and everything, but if you dont have God in your heart... you're as good as a worm wandering around in a pile of dung.

Everyone, and everything is equal... different maybe in whatever ways... but equal. You may be born into sikh, or you may be a convert. You may be indian or you may be white, or hispanic, or black or green for all i care. You may speak punjabi or greek, latin, french, english, german, italien, spanish, chinese... the only thing that matters is if your tongue speaks in sweet ways the words of god's praise. You may be a man or woman, you may be a rock or a plant or a cat or an elephant or a dead dinosaur or a human or an alien... you may be whatever you are... but be humble, we are all equal, we are all God's, (undeservingly or deservingly).....

Love everyone, let that love spread forward in all directions... do not judge, do not pressure others to change, let God himself act through you. Let your words be an inspiration to remember God and chant his praises, while holding hands and raising them in glory... to the ONE and the ONLY... in all colours, and all styles of dress, and all countries and languages... united!

Let us be the light through which the darkness can be enlightenned. Speak the words of praise~~ ALL IS ONE> ALL IS GOD.

Waheguru Jika Khalsa, Waheguru Jiki Fateh,

Went to Vaisakhi celebration at a Gurdwara yesterday and saw a bunch or cars with caste nname plates. :cool:

Not good...... :ysad:

94453[/snapback]

I get so HIGH TEMPERED whenever i talk about this topic... ill try to keep calm though....... :)

First of all veerji i am guilty of this as well ... of the licence plates...

Let me first say that i am FULLY AGAINST the caste systerm. I hate it whenever people have so much pride in themselves and whenever someone is about to get married and they are sikh they always ask for what caste they are .. even amritdharis !!!! I HATE IT !!!

Ok.. there is a difference here though...

Say if you have a last name of a caste ... but you dont believe in it (like you dont say im a jatt i am a this that all the time...) but you have (in this example) a licence plate.. it is ok ... cuz u have a licence plate not necessirily believe that u believe in caste BUT .. sadly .. 99% who do .. do believeit..

Anyway .. those are the two sides .. you can have a last name no problem .. (some say keep singh or khalsa as ur last name .. dat is fine too but u cant be dat strict on things .. last name is afterall just a name that your family goes by .. if you dont have ego in your caste than its all good..)..

... i have arguments wit my parents about caste all the time at least a couple of times in a month or so ...

.. but anyway .. i got exams :) .. or i would love to spend more time on this and write up a whole essay on it .. haha..

waheguru jee ka khalsa waheguru jee kee fateh

This so called fake story is result of our so called leaders's crap and bias acts Almost every sikh institiute/ school/ technical institutes/ hospital / office managed by SGPC / DSGPC is already overstaffed, however every new president / chairman wants to bring his / her own faithfull supporters and create posts to recruit them. This is the one of the major reasons for decreasing quality of Institututes/ Schools run by Sikh Committees.

During the Samagams etc. big speeches are given about making quality educational & health institutes, formation of educational council but today's reality is that quality of these schools/ institutes are decreasing day by day however the fees and other charges are increasing.

Initially the staff are being recruited on temporary / contractual basis with minimum wages with which they can hardly have 3 time food for their families. Sometime, the desire of getting permanent job or more money leads these employees to do undesirable acts also.

This may be fake story but if our leaders continue to do these kind of bias acts , we may listen the sad news like suicide, conversions, exploitation and closing of institutues etc. in coming future.

bhulla chukka dee maufai

_/\_

Waheguru jee ka khalsa waheguru jee kee fateh

Waheguru Jika Khalsa, Waheguru Jiki Fateh,

Went to Vaisakhi celebration at a Gurdwara yesterday and saw a bunch or cars with caste nname plates. :cool:

Not good...... :ysad:

94453[/snapback]

I get so HIGH TEMPERED whenever i talk about this topic... ill try to keep calm though....... :)

First of all veerji i am guilty of this as well ... of the licence plates...

Let me first say that i am FULLY AGAINST the caste systerm. I hate it whenever people have so much pride in themselves and whenever someone is about to get married and they are sikh they always ask for what caste they are .. even amritdharis !!!! I HATE IT !!!

Ok.. there is a difference here though...

Say if you have a last name of a caste ... but you dont believe in it (like you dont say im a jatt i am a this that all the time...) but you have (in this example) a licence plate.. it is ok ... cuz u have a licence plate not necessirily believe that u believe in caste BUT .. sadly .. 99% who do .. do believeit..

Anyway .. those are the two sides .. you can have a last name no problem .. (some say keep singh or khalsa as ur last name .. dat is fine too but u cant be dat strict on things .. last name is afterall just a name that your family goes by .. if you dont have ego in your caste than its all good..)..

... i have arguments wit my parents about caste all the time at least a couple of times in a month or so ...

.. but anyway .. i got exams :) .. or i would love to spend more time on this and write up a whole essay on it .. haha..

94589[/snapback]

Waheguru Jika Khalsa, Waheguru Jiki Fateh

Bhaiji...certain small things may seem harmless but they can have greater effects than we're aware of. Take a child for example...they love candies, they could have all they want in the world if not for the restriction by their parents...because you know its not good for them...but they don't know that. When our Guru says caste's are obsoletes, they were trying to cure a disease in our society which is bigotry (perhaps more, but this comes on top IMO).

Now for those who proudly display their caste name and identify themselves to a certain family group, I just have to say they have no right to complain on racism if that were to ever happened to them (which is increasingly there post 9/11).

On another note....(making an unpopular statement here)....do we really want someone in Sikhi because they're getting some material benefit out of it...so we lost a bunch of family who're after material rewards rather than spiritual rewards...so what...I think this makes our Sikhi group stronger...true there is politics involved in it...but if they're leaving because of scuffle over positions, what will they do when their life is at stake....

Sikhi IMO will always be true in a minority number of followers....Forgive if I offended someone.

Gurfateh