Who Falls Under Hukam?

Shaheed

an anonymous memeber in another thread asked if she was a sinner, when it comes to hair dying mehndi stufff

she asked if she falls under hukam of SGGS or Dasam Patshai

well i myself consider non amritdharis (like my self soo dont be harsh) or moneh (yes thats me) not to be sikh. so do we really fall under hukam, if we break sumthin do we really pay for it in sikhi terms???

Hukmai ander sabh ko, bar hukam na koi

yeah that applies for all creation, but we have different standards for other religions

we say XYZ religion is ok, but cant reach sachkhand, soo moneh like myself, would we really be penalized like sikhs, or no?

if not is she really a sinner, or are we really sinners?

sikh religion has beeen made for sikhs, no1 had there hair cut back then, no monehs in sikh families, if u cut ur hair, your face would be blackend, youd sit on a donkey backwards n ride thru the village (jaloose) kurehits, rehatnamas are made for u right

if we wanna learn and get on tha path fine we should follow the rehatnamas too but are we sinners till we give our head?

this tuk is referring to how everything that happens is happening under vahegurus will, its not about accepting guru's hukum.

But for the thing about sinners. If you look at the tuk from dasam granth that was being referred to in the other post, it says nisani sikhee ee panj harf asat kaaf

notice it says SIkh not khalsa or amritdhari or anything like that. GUru GObind Singh Ji clearly says all sikhs should follow the rehit being told in that tuk. So, anyone that considers themselves a true sikh should be adhering to those rules.

Today it seems only amritdhari sikhs follow these rules, so would that mean that the only true sikhs these days are amritdharis?

an anonymous memeber in another thread asked if she was a sinner, when it comes to hair dying mehndi stufff

she asked if she falls under hukam of SGGS or Dasam Patshai

well i myself consider non amritdharis (like my self soo dont be harsh) or moneh (yes thats me) not to be sikh. so do we really fall under hukam, if we break sumthin do we really pay for it in sikhi terms???

yeah that applies for all creation, but we have different standards for other religions

we say XYZ religion is ok, but cant reach sachkhand, soo moneh like myself, would we really be penalized like sikhs, or no?

if not is she really a sinner, or are we really sinners?

As far as i know that line does not speak of the Hukam of Rehit, but that we are 'All' under the Hukam(Will) as fish in the Ocean and just as it cannot survive outside of it neither can we.

Who says they cannot reach Sachkhand, it seems this term has become specific for Sikhs as it has become their 'Heaven' and no one elses. Just as Muslims have their and christians have their this hsa become ours. We have it reserved. It is a term describing the Kingdom of Truth (God). You should read the books of other Saints, mainly of Parmahanse Yogananda he followed no Rehit of Sikhs and if we limit this Hukam to Rehit only then he surely shouldn't be liberated.

sikh religion has beeen made for sikhs, no1 had there hair cut back then, no monehs in sikh families, if u cut ur hair, your face would be blackend, youd sit on a donkey backwards n ride thru the village (jaloose) kurehits, rehatnamas are made for u right

if we wanna learn and get on tha path fine we should follow the rehatnamas too but are we sinners till we give our head?

How can you break (sinned) an Oath of Amrit which you have never taken?

Today it seems only amritdhari sikhs follow these rules, so would that mean that the only true sikhs these days are amritdharis?

the only true sikhs at any given moment of time were the ones who had given there head....

sooo pheena penji you would say that moneh are noot sinners in the sense they havnt given there head?

as for sachkhand, i dont think other faiths can reach it, take islam for example. there is a place in jerusalam called "dome of the rock" i believe, this is the spot The Prophet asceneded to heavens to speak to god, but he was only brought to the 2nd highest heaven to talk to god.....

soo he went down n preached about his 2nd highest heaven, cuz thats all he saw....

sooo pheena penji you would say that moneh are noot sinners in the sense they havnt given there head?

as for sachkhand, i dont think other faiths can reach it, take islam for example. there is a place in jerusalam called "dome of the rock" i believe, this is the spot The Prophet asceneded to heavens to speak to god, but he was only brought to the 2nd highest heaven to talk to god.....

soo he went down n preached about his 2nd highest heaven, cuz thats all he saw....

94958[/snapback]

Logically speaking You take an Oath to keep you Hair according to the Rehit. If i have not taken that Oath, how am i held accountable for it? According to that Rehit I am not a Sikh. Then why am i held responsible for soemthing which only applies to the Sikhs. So why am i being fed this Guilt by this constitution when the same Code does not even recoganize me as a Sikh?

As far as i am concerned, your Sikh can come from within to express the Outside, or Outside to Inside. It is a matter of taking the first step. Just as many will say Sikhi is not only on the Inside, well then in the same manner, Sikhi is not only on the Outside either. If both are equally important, then why do people condem those who are working on the inside part first. I always thought the 10th Guru 'ASKED' for 5 heads, he did not Randomly pick 5 Heads or ordered the whole Sangat to give their Heads. It is an Choice you are expected to make and when you make this Choice to give your Head, then only is this Decision True and Beautiful for it is given in Freedom and not Forced, Just as Love given in Freedom and not being forced to Love someone. Those who were willing stood up. NOT everyone is READY to give their Head, then is it correct to accuse those who haven't given their Head as Sinners or Weak? Everyone evolves on their own pace by meeting individuals in their journey who influences their progress and by the Grace of God. By Condeming them as Sinner, one is Mocking them that the Grace of God has fallen upon them, but has on him/her, which in turn you are being proud of the fact that you were worthy of such Grace and the other isn't when one should be Compassionate and pray for them, but no it is easier to condemn them as sinner than to give them compassion and Love or emember them in your prayers as to bless them with the same grace as you have blessed me with.

I am not going to get into the discussion about other religions leanding you to the 3rd 2nd 7.5, 9.456 heaven, i have my understanding and views and you have yours :) .

so than you can also say that those who have not taken an "oath" are not really sikhs, but instead are in the process of becoming sikhs.

But than where do you stop wioth who is a sikh? There are 52 of Guru GObind SIngh Ji's hukumnanas listed somewhere on the internet and in a lot of books. Does a sikh have to follow all 52 of these hukams as well? Are you not a sikh if you dont follow all of the hukams of the guru?

for those of you who have taken the oath, then only by commiting a kurehit can u be kicked out of tha panth or by hukam of the punj,

and to be a really good sikh one should follow those 52 hukams

being amritdhari isnt the product, its the beggining......anything prior to that is nothing, not sikh, not student, barely a person

being amritdhari isnt the product, its the beggining......anything prior to that is nothing, not sikh, not student, barely a person

95055[/snapback]

I said something similar like that in class once n this whole arguement broke out no.gif All the 'monai' like myself started saying we are Sikhs we were born into Sikhism so that makes us Sikhs

That was a pretty heated debate ...

too bad no amritdari singhs/singhni's were in the class at the time :) since :):

But nice replies Pheena penji they make sense :TH:

Bhul Chuk Maaf :cool: