The Sikh who backs the BNP

Taken from http://www.timesonline.co.uk/newspaper/0,,...1572240,00.html

The Sikh who backs the BNP

Mr Singh, the Brick Lane newsagent, was so concerned about all the new asylum seekers arriving in the UK that he was planning to join a political party that promised to make the issue a priority when and if they came to power.

A “respectable gentleman” in “a shirt and tie” had stopped by the shop to explain the party’s policies. Mrs Singh had been so impressed that she had given the canvasser £10.

“They are one British National party,” Mr Singh told me.

“The BNP! But they want all immigrants driven out of Britain, Mr Singh.”

“Precisely.”

“But you’re an immigrant yourself.”

“Not immigrant! Thirty-three years I am living in Great Britain, paying income tax, voting Labour, listening to Queen’s speech on Christmas Day. I am number one British citizen and patriot. Also, like all Sikh peoples, I am working night and day and raising one family of the most respectable order. My son is chartered accountant, graduated and certified. In our family, integrity is there, respectability also. Why should we be compared to all these layabout fellows?”

LOL.gifLOL.gifLOL.gif

this is a really good example how one person makes everyone think that a whole nation of people is the same as that one.

that is why we must try and act responsibly at all times, it only takes one name "Mr Singh/Mrs Kaur" in the newspaper for everyone to think that the Guru and his sikhs are bad people!

We represent Guru Gobind Singh!

We represent Guru Gobind Singh because the khalsa, is a representation of him.

"I made the khalsa in my likeness"

"Khalsa meroo Roop hai KHAS!"

So when we wear turbans and keep beards, or even people read about the mere name "Singh/Kaur" it instanltly links to our whole religion. .O.