Did we even need Khalistan?

UntitledSingh

raaj bina nahi dharam chale hain

dharam bina sab daley maley hain

~ Guru Gobind Singh

and i aint gonna question my SatGuru

95714[/snapback]

Our Guru is saying that sovereignty is a must for religion to survive, or it perishes.

Sovereignty meaning self government becasue at that time the Mughals were controling everthing even the Gurudwaras.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

i want to do poll for this how many sikh want khalstan and how many dont want because according to me there should be no khalstan pray.gif

rest depend upon the poll :TH:  :T: we can also rule over the world with our intelegent

95718[/snapback]

Just like to add that very few in Punjab want it. The main political party that backs an independent Sikh nation the SAD Amritsar has very little backing. Its chief even lost his seat in the last election. They have never done very much in elections.

WJKK

WJKF

We need to ask the low income colonies like Trilokpuri, Mongolpuri, Sultanpuri and Palam Colony who suffered from the direct consequences of the Delhi Riots of 1984.  T

95722[/snapback]

The same colonies who despite suffering in 84 voted by and large for the Congress party in the last elections ?

Sat Sri Akal

.... If we got Khalistan how we will be no different then the Hindus or Muslims. I believe God chose the Sikh people to live with everyone.

Sat Sri Akal.....

95698[/snapback]

Then why don't you advocate for the dismantling of the seperate nations of pakistan and india? That would be a start, there probably use to be no border per se between any country in asia, the middle east and europe. You would advocate for the dismantling of all those nations too right?

You live in a home with borders, you have walls, a property line. You take care to respect the autonomy of your neighbours by not treating their place as if it was your home. BUT this does not mean that you don't live with everyone.

Think about it a bit more and elaborate on what you have posted above.

95700[/snapback]

Great reponse Buddasingh Ji.

Question for untitled singh ..what do you do when the verse Raj Karega Khalsa comes up in Ardas? Do you just keep silent and miss it out of your Ardas?

95703[/snapback]

I suggest you read about "Raj Karega Khalsa" in a bit more depth. It is certainly does not mean what you are espousing.

Also Raj Karega Khalsa certainly does not equal Khalistan. The Khalsa has existed for centuries wheras khalistan is the brianchild of a few radicals (many of whom were quite happy to be MLA etc in India until they passed over for ministerial roles just like those who advocated Sikhistan in the 1960s). Also I have never understood how anyone can corrupt the word Khalsa to Khalis. Can anyone explain how the Khalsa was corrupted to Khalis.

95716[/snapback]

Raj Karega Khalsa = rule of the Khalsa

Khalistan = rule of the Khalsa

Maybe you should be doing the indepth reading

FYI Khalistan is not the brainchild of a few radicals, where have you been doing your indepth reading? A sovereign Sikh state whether it be Khalistan or a Sikhistan has been an issue since the 1920's when the Babbar Akalis started their campaign. In 1947 even the bootlicker in chief Khushwant Singh states that a majority of the Sikhs were in favour of the sovereign Sikh state. The Sikh leadership were checkmated by both the Hindus and the Muslims. The concept of a state ruled by the Sikhs did not die with the annexation of Panjab in 1849. Bhai Maharaj Singh in the 1840's, Baba Ram Singh in the 1870's, Maharaj Duleep Singh in the 1880's right through to Sant Jarnail Singh in the 1980's, each was an attempt to bring back the lost rule of the Khalsa.

WJKK

WJKF

We need to ask the low income colonies like Trilokpuri, Mongolpuri, Sultanpuri and Palam Colony who suffered from the direct consequences of the Delhi Riots of 1984.  T

95722[/snapback]

The same colonies who despite suffering in 84 voted by and large for the Congress party in the last elections ?

95724[/snapback]

And I suppose you've gone and talked to all these victims and foundout who they 'by and large' voted for. You obviously don't have a clue about Indian elections otherwise you would not be making such a foolish claim

raaj bina nahi dharam chale hain

dharam bina sab daley maley hain

~ Guru Gobind Singh

and i aint gonna question my SatGuru

95714[/snapback]

Our Guru is saying that sovereignty is a must for religion to survive, or it perishes.

Sovereignty meaning self government becasue at that time the Mughals were controling everthing even the Gurudwaras.

95717[/snapback]

So what about sovereignity now? Or is India such a utopia that we don't need to rely of the words above?

WJKK

WJKF

95722[/snapback]

95724[/snapback]

And I suppose you've gone and talked to all these victims and foundout who they 'by and large' voted for. You obviously don't have a clue about Indian elections otherwise you would not be making such a foolish claim

95729[/snapback]

No but I have seen the statistics after the voting results were published. Obviously you are still living in the past when elections were more open to rigging. Things have moved on obviously your knowledge has remained in the past.

WJKK

WJKF

95722[/snapback]

95724[/snapback]

95729[/snapback]

No but I have seen the statistics after the voting results were published. Obviously you are still living in the past when elections were more open to rigging. Things have moved on obviously your knowledge has remained in the past.