Top Posters In This Topic

Who was he, What did he do for us,

All i heard was the queen favored him.

Nuff Luv

p.s please dont go on google ad search, im asking what do u know,

cus if u do that i no i wont read it!!

thanx

96520[/snapback]

He wsa son of Maharahja Rhunjeet Singh Ji who ruled Punjab from Lahore. He had many sons of which Dalip Singh was the youngest one.

After the Dogra and court intrigue had killed a few successors of Maharaja Rhunjeet Singh, Dalip Singhs mother got two of his elder brothers killed Peshaura Singh and Kashmira Singh killed to make the way clear for Dalip Singh.

The British invaded Punjab after the first anglo Sikh war after the second Anglo Sikh war they annexed Punjab and Dalip singh was shifted to UP. From there he came to England became a favourite of Queen Victoria, bought an estate located at Elveden (near Theford, Bury St Edmunds), had a few kids, tried to get his state back by involving Russia who treated him as a joke. He died in France and is buried at Elveden despite converting back to Sikhi a few years before he passed away.

how did they annexe punjab?

british said if anything happens to punjab whilst duleep singh is raja, the british must take it off him as it clearly showed he was not fit to rule.

another language....

so da brits were like duleep singh, that yo, ny how summat bad happens while we da dogs of dis place, we gonna take ova punjab cuz it shows sum lil 5 yr old baby cant rule punjab n dat u get me yooo.

english...

anyways, little did duleep singh know that he signed this treaty (i think his mum did it on his behalf) and the british made a civil war in punjab, the brits declared raja duleep singh as unfit and as a result brought him to britian, whee they converted him half way.

another language....

so nywyaz, duleeps mum like yea sfe sfe we can rule our punjab we dun it b4, we can do it again. so dese goray yea, they like these pplz stuuuupid cuz we gonna get civil war in dis place, n den dey did n took him 2 england n duleep singh became a gora in da end.

english....

he tried to go back to india to see his mother (i think,or was it went he took the ashes over or something), but the goray barred him from entering punjab as they thought if he did, the whole of punjab would kill the goray and then india would gang up.

he died of a broken heart after converting back to sikhi in paris.

another language....

yea so he like, sfe m goin india n dat yea cuz i fink his mum died or he wanted her darshan again, wen he went goray were like nah man we scared u gonna com 2 punjab n kill us all n dat. so dey bolked him (jus like u get ppl on msn hu blok u yea, sme way did goray say nah man u cant get 2 punjab).

afta dis yea, he became a singh again

den he died in paris. body burried in surrey all his gold n dat came 2 da queen, das y yea england so rich now.

english, as a result of the raaj being merged into old queen vikey, all the jewels belonging to the punjab crown were taken and given to queen victoria including the kohinoor.

the kohinoor could not match even the wealth that bill gates has (hes the world richest man)

(had to translate it man lolz LOL.gif )

gustaphi maaf

Waheguru Jika Khalsa, Waheguru Jiki Fateh

To my best knowlege, Maharaja Ranjit Singh never had a heir. I thought Duleep Singh was a cousin/relative of some sort.

Btw, why are we calling Duleep Singh "Raja"?? The dude went off to UK shaved his stuff off, married a white women and converted to christianity while the brits were running his country. He sound more of a fool to me.

Gurfateh

Waheguru Jika Khalsa, Waheguru Jiki Fateh

To my best knowlege, Maharaja Ranjit Singh never had a heir.  I thought Duleep Singh was a cousin/relative of some sort.

Btw, why are we calling Duleep Singh "Raja"??  The dude went off to UK shaved his stuff off,  married a white women and converted to christianity while the brits were running his country. He sound more of a fool to me.

Gurfateh

96676[/snapback]

Maharaja Rhunjeet Singh Ji had many Maharani/Rani. He had issue with many of these Rani. Duleep Singh was one of his sons although the British spun tales about him not being the real father of many of his successor.

Maharaja / Raja is not a Sikh title. It is generic title used by Hindu and Sikh rulers so it does not matter if he "shaved his stuff off, married a white woman and converted to christianity". He was very young when many say he was influenced by John Logie (his Guardian after 2nd Anglo Sikh wars) to convert etc.

Marrying a white woman does not stop you being a Sikh so that is irrelevant. Also he converted back to Sikhi before he died.

I think it is insulting that you refer to him as a fool. The real fool is the person who does not study his/her own history and comes out with rubbish just like the half baked stories you have written in you post based on rubbish you have heard. Get a few decent history books on Sikhi and learn before you refer to others as fools !