Maharaja Dulip Singh

`KuMi´

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Waheguru Jika Khalsa, Waheguru Jiki Fateh

Phanji kuttas,

As for arguments, you really need to mature.

Now I understand what my mother meant when she used to tell me stop acting like a 5 year old .....I mean how often one is reminded of that by constructive points supported by such strong statements. I'm enlightened.

Anyways...I will heed to veerji Kumi's request to not fight in his thread.

http://www.takhatsrihazursahib.org/takhat.htm

Gurfateh

Duleep Singh was taken to England when he was small. Like 9 years old. He was separated from his mother jinda. They weren't allowed to meet. Duleep Singh grew up in England and was converted to christianity. THen one time a meeting was arranged between maharani jinda and duleep singh. Mahrani had gone blind due and the meeting took place in nepal. When Mahrani took her hand and put it on the head of duleep singh, she took it right off and said that this is not my son. Duleep Singh said that he is Duleep. Maharani said that her Duleep Singh could never be without hair and she said that her Duleep was a Sikh. No hair, no sikh so she taight Duleep Singh about Sikhism in a short moment. Duleep Singh said he didn't know and agreed to keep hair and take Khaday Baatay Daa Amrit. Duleep SIngh left and learned more and then finally took Amrit. He tried to escape to Punjab but was caught all times. He wasn't able to reach Punjab. British were scared that if he reached punjab, all Sikhs would join and rebel. British taking over Punjab was preplanned. Hari Singh Nalwa warned Ranjit Singh to take care of British before they died but Ranjitoo was too influenced by his brahmanvaadee dogra friends. Maharani jinda died shortly after shemet duleep singh. She died from the shock that Duleep Singh had no hair.

Jub Eh Ghai Bipran Kee Reet Mai Naa Karoo In Kee Parteet

Duleep Singh was taken to England when he was small. Like 9 years old. He was separated from his mother jinda. They weren't allowed to meet. Duleep Singh grew up in England and was converted to christianity. THen one time a meeting was arranged between maharani jinda and duleep singh. Mahrani had gone blind due and the meeting took place in nepal. When Mahrani took her hand and put it on the head of duleep singh, she took it right off and said that this is not my son. Duleep Singh said that he is Duleep. Maharani said that her Duleep Singh could never be without hair and she said that her Duleep was a Sikh. No hair, no sikh so she taight Duleep Singh about Sikhism in a short moment. Duleep Singh said he didn't know and agreed to keep hair and take Khaday Baatay Daa Amrit. Duleep SIngh left and learned more and then finally took Amrit. He tried to escape to Punjab but was caught all times. He wasn't able to reach Punjab. British were scared that if he reached punjab, all Sikhs would join and rebel. British taking over Punjab was preplanned. Hari Singh Nalwa warned Ranjit Singh to take care of British before they died but Ranjitoo was too influenced by his brahmanvaadee dogra friends. Maharani jinda died shortly after shemet duleep singh. She died from the shock that Duleep Singh had no hair.

Jub Eh Ghai Bipran Kee Reet Mai Naa Karoo In Kee Parteet

97019[/snapback]

From the VAM site

In 1861 Dalip Singh returned to India to rescue his mother from political exile in Nepal, bringing her to London where she died in 1863. On the journey to take her body back to India, Dalip Singh met Bamba Muller, who became his wife in 1864. They lived at Elveden Hall in Suffolk with their children, where the Maharaja looked after his estate and organised shooting parties for his aristocratic friends.

Later in life, as he became increasingly embittered about the loss of his kingdom, he reconverted to Sikhism. He met Irish fenians and Russian revolutionaries, becoming part of an international web of intrigue to destabilise British power. The plans came to nothing, his health broke down and he died in Paris in 1893, two years after a final meeting with Queen Victoria.