would.........

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

okay "smartsingh24"

then where does that leave a person who it amrit dahri but doesnt serve the panth in any way..etc basically doesnt follow the rehit but is still on the outside amrit dahri , then where does that leave a singh lets say with a trimmed beard etc who serves the panth n is trying to work the way up to becoming guru da sikh (amrit dahri) and part of the Khalsa Panth?

When referring to Panth, you are more than likely to be referring to the Khalsa Panth, don't care what you're talking about, it is going to be assumed. Cutting your hair is anti-panthic, because anti-panthic implies against the Khalsa Panth. You cannot say you are apart of the Khalsa Panth and meanwhile cut your hair, because induction into the Khalsa Panth means that you have taken amrit. Amritdharis do not cut their hair.

Anti panthic implies that group or person is against the khalsa panth, a non amritdhari cannot be anti panthic just because he/she doesn't floow guru ji's rehat

If you dont follow rehat it just means you are not part of the khalsa panth (not-anti panthic!)

And thank you Pheena. Every time I read your posts you continue to confuse me even more. I really appreciate when you start answering questions about my post even though I'm the one that wrote them. Complete mis-representation on your part. How do you know what I was talking about? How can you comprehend the depth of which I was thinking at? You want answers. Here they are

No need to get sarcastic veer, :) (< not a sarcastic smile) I don't believe i answered a question from your post, altho i did post questions and thoughts going off of what Sarblor_Souljah had asked. But if somehow i may have mis-represented you statement then im glad you are trying to correct my misunderstanding.

I can only read the words you posted, not what you were/are thinking. Your Depth is yours until you write it in words for me to read and comprehend. Lets not Assume that we can both read the depth or the intention of each others posts. :)

When referring to Panth, you are more than likely to be referring to the Khalsa Panth, don't care what you're talking about, it is going to be assumed. Cutting your hair is anti-panthic, because anti-panthic implies against the Khalsa Panth. You cannot say you are apart of the Khalsa Panth and meanwhile cut your hair, because induction into the Khalsa Panth means that you have taken amrit.
I was making a General statement not necesarily confining it to one Religion. Assume what you wish 'X' to be. Whether it is a certain Rehit, Religion, belief..etc.

But bro i never said someone who cuts their hair is a part of the Khalsa Panth. This is what i posted when i posted 2 definition that i have understood so far of the term Anti-Panthic, if there is something wrong with this statement please correct me.

1. Anyone who does not follow a certain set of Guidelines is Anti-X-Guidelines, then Yes you are Anti. This one does not account for those who are working their way up to reach those set Guidelines it is a clear cut line. You are Anti until you follow the 'X' guidelines.

Amritdharis do not cut their hair. No, not following the rehat does not make you panthic. Your example of the whole world being anti-panthic is remarkably skewed, because the whole world doesn't follow the rehat, and is therefore neither panthic or anti-panthic. Yes, anti-panthic is anti-sikhi and "anti-guru" because the panth stands for sikhi, and gives their lives for their guru. You can't say that Kala Afghana is Anti-sikhi and yet still panthic, they are all the same terms.

Now you are confusing me. I never said, not following the Rehit made you Panthic, i simply stated it doesn't make you Anti-Panthic if you are not against it but are indeed working your way towards being 'Panthic'. Is there no middle ground for those who are working their way upwards? Is it truely Black and White?

I hope we can have a Good discussion on this. :cool: without getting emotional.

Anti panthic implies that group or person is against the khalsa panth, a non amritdhari cannot be anti panthic just because he/she doesn't floow guru ji's rehat

If you dont follow rehat it just means you are not part of the khalsa panth (not-anti panthic!)

that puts my 4 paragraphs in a nutshell. Nice. :)

they haven't take amrith therefore, not anti-panthic, but definteley not panthic.

there's your gray area

97172[/snapback]

i hope you are not doing me a favor by granting me my gray area. :) and That is what i have been talking about or trying to relay since my post 1 in this thread and it seem it is you veer who either do not agree with it or failed to see it in my posts.