*GURDWARA PASSES CONSUMPTION OF MEAT AND ALCOHOL*

ISingh

Waheguru Jika Khalsa, Waheguru Jiki Fateh

Sangatji...are these the same guys who do the bhangra dance during Vaisakhi Nagar Kirtan? What is the world coming too? These are the same guys I suppose that are trying to sepearate the teachings of Guru Nanak and Guru Gobind...and trying to redefine Sikhism to fit their own outlook. Shame Shame Shame.

I have said this before and will say it again.

A few of these cases should have been referred to the Akal Takht. I remember a while back the Respect for GuruJi campaign said they had the channels to report cases to the Akal Takht. From the lack of any action either they have not reported or the Akal Takht lacks the will power to do anything. I remember the threads and how they got bogged down into demanding an apology rather than escalating the problem to the Akal Takht.  NOW IS THE TIME to make a stand and to ask Jathedar Vedanti as Akal Takht Jathedar to get involved.

Jathedar Vedanti is over in the UK every year so what does he do ? Should he not be getting Panj Singh together and taking some sort of action against these people undertaking acts of profanity ?

97528[/snapback]

Fully agree. The Campaign did get in touch with the Akal Takht with all the issues and unfortunately received 1 faxed letter from the Akaal Takht re-iterating the 1998 Hukumnama about Guruji's saroop going to halls and clubs. The Campaign have still not received any orginal correspondenace after over 6 months.

Sorry to say, as far as i personally feel the Akaal Takht let us down.

97532[/snapback]

If I remember correctly the Respect for Guru Ji campaign said they had established channels of communication with the Akal Takht. I applaud the work done by the Campaign group but it appears these communication channels to the Akal Takht are very weak, we really need to strengthen them.

I think enough is enough and next time Jathedar Vedanti is in the UK he should be approached and a meeting set to highlight how the Akal Takht has been ignoring Panthic issues and instead been spending most its time trying to get even with the Patna Sahib Jathedar for personal reasons. 6 months an no personal response is taking the mickey,

Anyone know what the Jathdar do when he is in the UK ? Does he just go round meeting "prominent" Sikhs or does he actually do anything in his capacity as Jathedar of the Akal Takht. T

The Gurdwara at Bradford and Huddersfield all have these "community centre" set ups next door to the Gurdwara where they hold parties etc. The one at Huddersfield even has Sikh in its name.

Vaheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!! Vaheguroo Jee Ki Fateh!!

Thanks for your support. I'm actually from a neighbouring town and don't attend that Gurdwara. However, where there is beadbee of Guru Granth Sahib Jee, we should not at all fail to come together to show support and opposition.

This is a major issue in Gurdwaras across the UK and the world for that matter. The members at this Gurdwara a trying their hardest to allow meat and alcohol on the premises, but there are many Gurdwaras where its allowed already. At day, the centers are used for sports (not really) and at night used for wedding parties. Even if its not within the actual Gurdwara, on the premises/boundary of the Gurdwara there should be parchaar of ONE thing only, and thats GURSIKHI!

At this moment, what we can do is jam the phone lines of the president.

Daas will try to keep you updated.

Vaheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!! Vaheguroo Jee Ki Fateh!!

The committee members who are strongly supporting the consumption of meat and alcohol are Amrikh Singh Virdi, Gurdev Singh Sagoo, Gurcharan Singh Sohanpal, Gurnam Singh Sohanpal, Mohinder Singh Sohanpal and Kulwant Singh Rayat.
plz remove the "Singh" in their names. Singhs don't drink nor promote anti-sikh stuff. Waheguru Give them and me sum knowledge pray.gifpray.gif
"Gian anjan Gur Diya, Agyaan Ander Binaas"

Guru Ji gives the light of knowledge and the darkness of no knowldge vanishes.

pray.gif WAHEGURU