care for the earth poster

HardKaur

SSA!

ok well im doing a interfaith thing with our community about how people of faith care for the earth.. i am doing the poster for sikhs.. and i think it would be cool to base the poster on a line of something about protecting, not harming our earth... i need some help though! can you please help me out.. also any ideas on the poster will be greatly appreciated!

fateh

--one--

jil Qil mhIAil gupqo vrqY gur sbdI dyiK inhwrI jIau ] rhwau ]

jal thhal meheeal gupatho varathai gur sabadhee dhaekh nihaaree jeeo || rehaao ||

In the water, on the land, and in the sky, He is pervading but hidden; through the Word of the Guru's Shabad, He is revealed. ||Pause||

pavan Guru pani pitta mata dharat mahat

air is the Guru, water the father, and mother the great earth

mmmmmm ok i'm going to have a go please forgive this fool if anything is out of context!

ok it doesn't say we should protect the earth as such but if you think of God prevading in the land and water then you would want to protect it ;

also if the Guru is air - you would want to keep it clean and mother the great earth you would want to love and protect like you do your own mother etc

i hope it helps!