A Real Khalastani Gursikh

About three years ago I had surgery on my wrist. After a week, I went back to the doctor to open stitches. He was a gursikh guy and Khalastani. He took my hand, took off the bandages and squeezed it a little bit. I screamed a little and told him to be easy on my hand since the wound was still healing. Hearing this he said “What kind of Sikh are you? You support Khalastan yet know nothing about the pain that a Sikh has to go through. Once one gursikh had an encounter with the police. He was shot in his right thigh twice and one bullet in his left leg. He came to my house dragging his legs. As soon as I opened the door, he requested me to take out the bullets. I told him I did not even have proper tools let alone any medicine to ease the pain. Gursikh did not care and told me to take a knife and take out the bullets. I took a big knife and took the bullets out but I did not even see his face expressions change. He stayed calm and showed no pain whatsoever. After about an hour he took his gun and went back out to carry the mission. Here you are with a wound of barely two inches on your wrist but complaining about the pain.”

Just hearing the story put me in a different state. He told me to lie down then took my hand and opened the stitches pretty roughly. I kept reading Bani. I felt the pain but it was less than before and made no screaming. Then he applied some gel on it and put a bandage on it. He looked at me and smiled like he was testing me. I left his office but with the image of the gursikh he had told me about. I can never imagine what they had to go through. what did it feel like? How high was their avastha? Being shot with three bullets made no difference to their determination nor did it weaken their mind. Dhan those gursikhs. I went to doctor’s office thinking about my wound but left with a clear image of what a Sikh should be like before he even begins to talk about Khalastan. With such gursikhs in Sikhi, we shall win our country where the land is ours, sky is ours and air we breathe is ours. Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh