Quran And Guru Granth Sahib

Gurfateh!!

Sony Ji i do agree with you that there are lots of differences in the way that we see Akaal Purukh and Muslims do. I would say the main difference is, we also see Akaal Purukh as family and friend, only we have that connection its makes God appear at a more reachable level. Not just some Supreme Being whom we feel we can't talk to.

qUM myrw bMDpu qUM myrw BRwqw ]

You are my Relative, and You are my Brother.

With regards to Parbrahm not always being that forgiving, it is true in Sikhi, Akaal Purukh is not always that forgiving. As can be found again in Sri Bachitra Natak.

(sorry if i seem to be relating this topic to Sri Bachitra Natak, its just that was the last thing i read).

ਤੇ ਹਮ ਤਮਕਿ ਤਨਕ ਮੋ ਖਾਪੇ ॥

Then out of anger, I(Akaal Purukh) destroyed them all in a short time.

ਤਿਨ ਕੀ ਠਉਰ ਦੇਵਤਾ ਥਾਪੇ ॥

And instead I (Akaal Purukh) created gods and angels. (referring to Hindu deities)

Bhul Chuk Maaf!!

Gurfateh!!

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do not think it is possible to draw any differences or similarities between sikhism and islam because Gurbani is Nirankar and thus is endless, there is no begining or an end.

I believe that if we were to place all other religions together and to discuss them, as sikhs we would start with the Mool Manter and before we would reach the JAP the other pot would be empty.

It would take many juugs to merely explain the mool manter.

I agree with the some of the previous comments that there is so much to learn in sikhism. I would add that it is essential first to learn and understand one's own belief and then to live a practical life on those understandings. There would be no need to be interested or learn about other faiths for if you have accomplished your own faith you will understand others.

We do not need to learn or be interested in islam to discuss issues relating to GOD. If we are paakah (solid) in sikhism we will be able to deal with the issues others raise.