Quran And Guru Granth Sahib

salok ma 1 ||

Shalok, First Mehl:

musalamaan kehaavan musakal jaa hoe thaa musalamaan kehaavai ||

It is difficult to be called a Muslim; if one is truly a Muslim, then he may be called one.

aval aoul dheen kar mit(h)aa masakal maanaa maal musaavai ||

First, let him savor the religion of the Prophet as sweet; then, let his pride of his possessions be scraped away.

hoe musalim dheen muhaanai maran jeevan kaa bharam chukaavai ||

Becoming a true Muslim, a disciple of the faith of Mohammed, let him put aside the delusion of death and life.

rab kee rajaae ma(n)nae sir oupar karathaa ma(n)nae aap gavaavai ||

As he submits to God's Will, and surrenders to the Creator, he is rid of selfishness and conceit.

tho naanak sarab jeeaa mihara(n)math hoe th musalamaan kehaavai ||1||

And when, O Nanak, he is merciful to all beings, only then shall he be called a Muslim. ||1||

----------------------------------------------

thurak thareekath jaaneeai hi(n)dhoo baedh puraan ||

The Muslim knows the Muslim way of life; the Hindu knows the Vedas and Puraanas.

man samajhaavan kaaranae kashhooak parreeai giaan ||5||

To instruct their minds, people ought to study some sort of spiritual wisdom. ||5||

About describing Vaheguru in 99 or 99,000,000 ways you would not get an iota of his greatness.

thaerae naam anaekaa roop ana(n)thaa kehan n jaahee thaerae gun kaethae ||1|| rehaao ||

Your Names are so many, and Your Forms are endless. No one can tell how may Glorious Virtues You have. ||1||Pause||

Guru Gobind Singh ji maharaj describes akaal purkh vaheguru in many ways in Jaap Sahib, not to reach his greatness but to praise his unlimited qualities.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nahhdasss gudd yeaa, but now ppl told mee to look at all religion so i can refer to this knowlage if sum1 asked mee

99352[/snapback]

thought u said u still wudnt read the quran tho?

99500[/snapback]

butt, ahh i duno, i wannu learn, i have a thirst for knowlage now,

and btw Khalsa jee Verrryy insperational, Thankzzzzzzzz

muchh appericiatedddd

Gurfateh!!

Lol thanx Bhen Ji for agreeing, also to answer your previous question about Hindu Deities...again Maharaaj Ji already gives us all the answer to every question we could possibly think.

If the the question isnt answered in Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaaj Ji then the answer is most definatly in Sri Dasam Guru Granth Sahib Ji.

Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaaj Ji helps us in living a spiritual, God fearing life teaches us the basic principle of living an honest living and a life in devotion to God.

Sri Dasam Guru Granth Sahib Ji not only elaborates on Bani with relation to God (eg. Sri Jaap Sahib again mainly devotional to Akaal Purukh and Sri Chaupai Sahib, asking for protection from Akaal Purukh ) but most of Sri Dasam Guru Granth Sahib Ji also deals with history and how to lead your live socially.

Bachitra Natak gives and introduction on the Hindu 'Gods'

ਤੇ ਭੀ ਬਲਿ ਪੂਜਾ ਉਰਝਾਏ ॥ ਆਪਨ ਹੀ ਪਰਮੇਸਰ ਕਹਾਏ ॥੭॥

They too, mustered considerable power and glorification and started assuming to be Gods themselves. (7)

ਮਹਾਦੇਵ ਅਚੁੱਤ ਕਹਾਯੋ ॥ ਬਿਸਨ ਆਪ ਹੀ ਕੋ ਠਹਿਰਾਯੋ ॥

Shiva started to call himself Immortal, Vishnu also equated himself to the Creator.

ਬ੍ਰਹਮਾ ਆਪ ਪਾਰਬ੍ਰਹਮ ਬਖਾਨਾ ॥ ਪ੍ਰਭ ਕੋ ਪ੍ਰਭੂ ਨ ਕਿਨਹੂੰ ਜਾਨਾ ॥੮॥

Brahma Called himself the Supreme, noone considered the Lord as the Lord. (8)

But anyways if you want to find out about Hinduism and their 'Gods' again Bani has all the answers. Just don't limit yourself. If you want to know about Allah, its all there in Bani, we have the Encyclopaedia to the universe at out fingertips, do not be afraid to use. :TH:

Bhul Chuk Maaf!

Gurfateh!!

ਬ੍ਰਹਮਾ ਆਪ ਪਾਰਬ੍ਰਹਮ ਬਖਾਨਾ ॥ ਪ੍ਰਭ ਕੋ ਪ੍ਰਭੂ ਨ ਕਿਨਹੂੰ ਜਾਨਾ ॥੮॥

Brahma Called himself the Supreme, noone considered the Lord as the Lord. (8)

Gurfateh!!

99568[/snapback]

oooo sent a shiver down my spineee, cus it is true if u think of it, if they thought themsevles immortal and supreme then were would this leave our immortal and supreme lord???

Last nite before i went to sleep, i heard a katha on Bitchar Natak done by either sant kartar singh or sant gurbachan singh jee, it was amazinggg, i luvveddd itt, like i could visualize and understand everytingggg, was brilllllllllllll

fathe and thankss

its not the name that matters... its what u feel when u say the name, or when u remember him/her... that supreme being...

there maybe many similarities, but there are so many differences. Our Guru ji's told us how understanding and forgiving the Lord is, where as, the One True God Muslims believe in is not always that forgiving.

Ji, i have a lot of Muslim friends and i actually have a book one of them gave me (to borrow but for some reason i still have it tongue.gif ) but its the 101 beautiful names of allah... when i finish reading it i'll tell u what the new 3 names are.. neway... their belief is that the Lord will judge u when the world comes to an end... but... do u know that some people are just born to be damned? animals too... they are born and have no chance of bettering their life.. they are just born like that... pigs, eagles.. these are messy animals, and dont have a problem with eating dead meat... they are forever damned... when they die their souls are damned.. our guru's taught us that everything has Guru ji's breath, guru ji's life, and every human has a chance to better themselves.......

Bhul Chuk Maaf