Quran And Guru Granth Sahib

Um, kk in the first pooree of both the Quran and Guru Ji, is kinda the same thing praise god!!!!!!!!

بِسْمِ اللّهِ الرَّحْمـَنِ الرَّحِيمِ

Bismi Allahi arrahmani arraheem

In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful;

الْحَمْدُ للّهِ رَبِّ الْعَالَمِينَ

Alhamdu lillahi rabbi alAAalameen

Praise be to Allah, the Cherisher and Sustainer of the worlds;

الرَّحْمـنِ الرَّحِيمِ

Arrahmani arraheem

Most Gracious, Most Merciful;

مَـالِكِ يَوْمِ الدِّينِ

Maliki yawmi addeen

Master of the Day of Judgment.

إِيَّاكَ نَعْبُدُ وإِيَّاكَ نَسْتَعِينُ

Iyyaka naAAbudu waiyyaka nastaAAeen

Thee do we worship, and Thine aid we seek.

اهدِنَــــا الصِّرَاطَ المُستَقِيمَ

Ihdina assirata almustaqeem

Show us the straight way,

صِرَاطَ الَّذِينَ أَنعَمتَ عَلَيهِمْ غَيرِ المَغضُوبِ عَلَيهِمْ وَلاَ الضَّالِّينَ

Sirata allatheena anAAamta AAalayhim ghayri almaghdoobi AAalayhim wala addalleen

The way of those on whom Thou hast bestowed Thy Grace, those whose (portion) is not wrath, and who go not astray.

And My Guru Ji

<> siq nwmu krqw purKu inrBau inrvYru Akwl mUriq AjUnI sYBM gur pRswid ]

ik oa(n)kaar sath naam karathaa purakh nirabho niravair akaal moorath ajoonee saibha(n) gur prasaadh ||

One Universal Creator God. The Name Is Truth. Creative Being Personified. No Fear. No Hatred. Image Of The Undying, Beyond Birth, Self-Existent. By Guru's Grace ~

It kindaa the sameee hunaaa??????

Nuff Luv

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i don't see much similarities...mool manta defines the saroop of Akal Purakh...while the quran is basically saying to be put ur faith in Allah...not really the same in that sense

and how come u can read arabic but not gurmukhi?....jk

99202[/snapback]

lol nutta i dunno how ta read arabic, me jus tryna learn bout ofa religion, nd cus i have an arabic mate, we both share stories bout our religio, nd tuday i showed him sikhitothemax, he was like da qurans like dat too, so i had ta investigate

but luuk at both they both bout god (allah)

if u get wa me sayin

WHAT?

How's that the same? Please post your thoughts rather than just a blunt view of comparing two different texts altogether. You should post how you think they're the same??? If you wanna start a discussion back it up with your own views.

My views might be too liberal for alot of people here, who might think otherwise.

Part of my view, with due respect to the Quran.

In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful;

The first line

Someone might post how they're both praising God, but if you start with the first word in SGGSJ "Ik Oankaar", God is one, and that translation shows "In the name of Allah" thereby segregating from all the other names of God, just Allah, where as Ik Onkaar means one God, not "Akaalpurkh" or "Vaheguru" or any other name.

Well veerji, plz study Jaap Sahib and you'll figure out how many names r given 4 Waheguru. But plz note, these r names according to his actions.. if u get wot i min?? (eg: Akaal = undestroyable). So basically, theres no limit on how many names r there 4 God.. is there. So dats a kinda difference between the Islam and SIkhi.

HOpe i helped, im a moorakh wot can i do im full of stupid childish mistakes. if i sed nething bad, plz plz forgive me n correct me :doh:

Well veerji, plz study Jaap Sahib and you'll figure out how many names r given 4 Waheguru. But plz note, these r names according to his actions.. if u get wot i min?? (eg: Akaal = undestroyable). So basically, theres no limit on how many names r there 4 God.. is there. So dats a kinda difference between the Islam and SIkhi.

HOpe i helped, im a moorakh wot can i do im full of stupid childish mistakes. if i sed nething bad, plz plz forgive me n correct me :doh:

99333[/snapback]

nahhdasss gudd yeaa, but now ppl told mee to look at all religion so i can refer to this knowlage if sum1 asked mee

Gurfateh!!

In the Qu'ran there it mentions 99 names of God.

"Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: 'To God belongs 99 names, 100 minus 1, anyone who memorizes them will enter Paradise; He (God) is odd (odd number, he is the Only One), and He loves odd numbers (such as 99)'"

Some of the Names used to describe Waheguru in the Qu'ran mean the same things that Maharaaj Ji mentions God to be for eg:

AL-HAQQ = siq nwmu = The True One

AL-MUHAYMIN = rKvwlw = The Protector

AL-KHÂLIQ = krqw = The Creator

AL-KARÎM = dwqwr = The Generous Lord

I've found that some of the Name in the Qu'ran do mean the same things as others as i've mentioned AL-MUHAYMIN another one of the 99 Names is AL-WALIYY which means the same thing.

Also the every Surah (chapter) of the Qu'ran begins with Bismillah ( In the name of Allah most Gracious Most Merciful) which is very similar to the beginning of each Raag in Maharaaj Ji beginning with Mool Mantar, they may describe God in different ways but still it is a description of God that Bani relates to.

As stated the Qu'ran mentions the 99 Names of Akal Purukh but however says one who learns those shall be liberated and go to Paradise.

However Maharaaj Ji tells us:

rwm rhIm khwieMdy iek nwm duie rwh Bulwxy]

The Hindus invoke Ram, the Muslims, Rahim, but in reality there is only One God.

<>

Bhul Chuk Maaf.

I hope this helps also, i've read a very good book by Sher Singh called Philosophy of Sikhism (SGPC Press), i would recommend this to anyone who wishes to learn more about Akal Purkh in Bani and in comparison to other religions.

Gurfateh!!

Yeaa Thats Good. (sory to be the 'bad cop') but i jus foned ma mate he goes not once does it say there are two gods but just says that people cn discribe god in 99 names.

(This is really gettin interesting!)

umm Dunt know how manny gods hindu's have, my hindu mates arent educated.

butt, if some body can discribe god himself in 99 names, isnt t a good thing.

Thankkk Youuu