Problems Turning on my Computer

WJKK WJKF

K, I have this problem with a computer. I press the button to turn on the computer, but there is no beep, like only the fans are running, but nothing shows up on the screen. Does anyone know whats wrong with it? I thought it was maybe the computer screen wires are loose, but thats not the case. As well, sometimes you have to keep on pushing the button to hear the computer running. It's really weird. Any suggestions as to what is wrong with it, or how to fix it? grin.gif Well, I'll appreciate any help that comes my way!

Thanks

vjkk vjkf

Penji, firstly u wana look at what lights you are getting on the front of the desktop (tower)...

it looks like you are getting power into the pc, so PSU MAY be ok,

The lights you wana look at the front of the desktop is if the HDD (Hard Disk Drive) activity LED light is flashing.

If your pc sounds like it is booting up, u need to see if you have an Onboards graphics card, if so, your mortherboard is battered. If your graphics card is seperate, then could be that.

Are you from UK? if so, did u get ya pc from either, PC World, Dixons or Currys,.

give a shout back sis

Vjkk Vjkf

WJKK WJKF

No, I'm not from England, I'm from Canada, got it from Future Shop. So, when I press the button in the front, there is no light, but when I took the cover off, and looked inside the computer there was a yellow light that was blinking. I called up places last night, all of them said the same thing, it could be my power supply, motherboard, or memory. So, I guess I can't fix that on my own, so I have to give it in :doh: . Thanks for all the replies. If anyone knows how to fix it manually, maybe you can explain to me step by step blush.gif .

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

That happened to me too... sadly the warrenty was over, and i tried everything exept replacing the motherboard or CPU but couldn't get it to work. It now sits in a corner, alone! Good luck :doh:

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

Vjkk Vjkf Penji

Try This (Mite not even be worth it,) but take out all the wires out of the back of the machine, includin Power Cable, Monitor wire, Mouse keyboard printer etc.. Everything...

Then When everythins disconnected, keep ya finger pressed on the Power ON button (that u noramlly press to switch the mahine on) - keep it pressed for about 20 seconds., this is to drain any stats if they r built up on the motherboard).

Let Go

Now only put in the Power Cable and monitor, see if that works, if it starts beeping, then also put in the Keyboard + Mouse.

If it didnt work, then u can kick me for wastin ur time..

Vjkk Vjkf

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

• Topics

• yeh it's true, we shouldn't be lazy and need to learn jhatka shikaar. It doesn't help some of grew up in surrounding areas like Slough and Southall where everyone thought it was super bad for amrit dharis to eat meat, and they were following Sant babas and jathas, and instead the Singhs should have been normalising jhatka just like the recent world war soldiers did. We are trying to rectifiy this and khalsa should learn jhatka.  But I am just writing about bhog for those that are still learning rehit. As I explained, there are all these negative influences in the panth that talk against rehit, but this shouldn't deter us from taking khanda pahul, no matter what level of rehit we are!
    • How is it going to help? The link is of a Sikh hunter. Fine, but what good does that do the lazy Sikh who ate khulla maas in a restaurant? By the way, for the OP, yes, it's against rehit to eat khulla maas.
    • Yeah, Sikhs should do bhog of food they eat. But the point of bhog is to only do bhog of food which is fit to be presented to Maharaj. It's not maryada to do bhog of khulla maas and pretend it's OK to eat. It's not. Come on, bro, you should know better than to bring this Sakhi into it. Is this Sikh in the restaurant accompanied by Guru Gobind Singh ji? Is he fighting a dharam yudh? Or is he merely filling his belly with the nearest restaurant?  Please don't make a mockery of our puratan Singhs' sacrifices by comparing them to lazy Sikhs who eat khulla maas.
    • Seriously?? The Dhadi is trying to be cute. For those who didn't get it, he said: "Some say Maharaj killed bakras (goats). Some say he cut the heads of the Panj Piyaras. The truth is that they weren't goats. It was she-goats (ਬਕਰੀਆਂ). He jhatka'd she-goats. Not he-goats." Wow. This is possibly the stupidest thing I've ever heard in relation to Sikhi.
    • Instead of a 9 inch or larger kirpan, take a smaller kirpan and put it (without gatra) inside your smaller turban and tie the turban tightly. This keeps a kirpan on your person without interfering with the massage or alarming the masseuse. I'm not talking about a trinket but rather an actual small kirpan that fits in a sheath (you'll have to search to find one). As for ahem, "problems", you could get a male masseuse. I don't know where you are, but in most places there are professional masseuses who actually know what they are doing and can really relieve your muscle pains.

Important Information

Terms of Use