Babli doing drugs angers Sikhs!

gurpreet iam not proud of my drinking capabilities,instead i think of it as one of the various vices that affects us today but at the same time u cannot ignore the fact tht 90% of the sikhs do drink(repeated).

if ur so particualr abt wht guruji said  then u shd be following each and every word of his such as:-

1.wearing the same old kachas instead of jockeys :nihungsmile: .

2.not eating halal meat at all(when u go o a resturant do u know which meat they are serving).

3.keeping ur virginity for ur wife to be.

i have just given a few examples think abt it.

the problem with our religion these days is tht we lay too much emphasis on external symbols.the religion which does not ammend itself with time goes the way hinduism is now.it';s the most corrupt and non-sensical religion today.if we don't shed our rigidity then we wld be the next talibani's :T:

one shd be a sikh at heart and his soul shd be pure,external symbol hardly matters.a true sikh is one who works hard,is honest,never begs,always stand up for the right cause,never bullies the weak,is patriotic and can stand up in arms whenever the panth is in danger.

may waheguru give u the enlightment to keep up with the times.

waheguru jee daa khalsa

waheguru jee dee fateh

100923[/snapback]

you old skool spook...

u keep mentioning 90 % this .. 90 % that.. do u have any evidence of that ?!!?!?

the ones that do drink ... ACCORDING TO AKAL TAKHT REHIT... are not sikhs... so go put dat 90% of ur somewhere in the back cupboard and lock it up safe... cuz tis not good for u here...

... and calling yourself a akhalsa.... LOL.gif ........

wait...... did u say KHALSA !?!?! LOL.gif

..... lol .... ahahahahahahahahaha..... a KHALSA DRINKS !?!?!?!?! LOL .....

... i reli need to cut down on my laughing habits.... but bro man take some checkups wit a nearby doctor or go to a phsychiatrist... do something man ....

..... LOL.gif

...... oh ya if u reply please dont mention 90% again .... :TH:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haha i pity all u ignorant ppl :T:

u ppl are all going the same way the brahmins did and currently islam.

the rigidity and narrow mindedness some ppl show over here is truly laughable.

sikhs have always been known to be broad minded and adjusting ppl.pity some ppl like u are bringing in so much of intolerance and fundamentalism in it.

i never said tht drinking is good or not.who am i or u to say tht.it's purely a personal choice.

as for sgpc we all know wht moral standards they have,the ppl who appoint a woman who has murdered her own daughter as their head have no right whatsoever to comment on other's morality.

and yes i stick to wht i have said the a majority of the sikh population drinks,if u want to label them as non-khalsa's then iam sorry the sikhs would cease to exist rolleyes.gif

when i said tht the religion shd change with times iam not talking abt it's core values.wht i meant tht the religion is truly gr8 only if it has the accomodating spirit and has a modern outlook.

truth can never change,only it has to be representated in different forms to make ppl understand and follow it.

due to the ignorance and rigidness of ppl like u sikhism has not spread the way it shd have done.

as for me being a khalsa,let me tell u something mr dasan dass-

IAM MUCH MORE OF A KHALSA THAN UR MOTHER HAS EVER PRODUCED.NOW U CAN KEEP ON LAUGHING :doh: .

may god enlighten u all

WAHEGURU JEE DAA KHALSA

WAHEGURU JEE DEE FATEH

Mod Warning : This is your first and final warning, anymore comments like these and you will be Banned. - BTS

you can go to hell you blaspheming *******. don't even pretend at this point. Defending S*** like this. If you think you're so frickin' ignorant, you can get of this board, since you're so god damned enlightened o enlightened one. Yeah, I can hear you laughing right now. You wanna try and fix our "rigidity" then you go and do something about it <banned word filter activated>. It wasn't flexibility that keeps giving us shaheeds, and it isn't flexibility that kept on getting our people killed for their religious beliefs. U spit on the faces of shaheeds and gursikhs everywhere by saying ur a khalsa. Go back to wherever the hell you came from

haha i pity all u ignorant ppl :T:

u ppl are all going the same way the brahmins did and currently islam.

the rigidity and narrow mindedness some ppl show over here is truly laughable.

sikhs have always been known to be broad minded and adjusting ppl.pity some ppl like u are bringing in so much of intolerance and fundamentalism in it.

as for me being a khalsa,let me tell u something mr dasan dass-

IAM MUCH MORE OF A KHALSA THAN UR MOTHER HAS EVER PRODUCED.NOW U CAN KEEP ON LAUGHING :doh: .

may god enlighten u all

WAHEGURU JEE DAA KHALSA

WAHEGURU JEE DEE FATEH

Mod Warning : This is your first and final warning, anymore comments like these and you will be Banned. - BTS

100954[/snapback]

This is a discussion forum which means if you cant handle opposing arguements then you shouldnt be taking part in the discussions. Calling other intollerant, fundamentalists, Rigid only shows your intollerance toward people with different views.

i will say it again "anymore comments like the one about mother and you will be Banned."

-----------------------------------------------

Back to the topic, I am all in favour of movies such as this. Babli doesnt not represents a gursikh just like the thousands of young and old men/women in punjab who are addicted to drugs. Most of us watch movies which have a lot of violence in them, how many us actually do wat happens in these films, do we go around shooting people or holding up a bank after watchinga hollywood blockbuster? So i dont think a movie which shows some girl taking drug is gonna encourage people watching to take drugs.

I think before dissing the movie, it would be best if we list the pro's and cons of this movie.

There are a few issues here that seem to need addressing.

1) what in your eyes is a sikh?

2) representation of sikhs in the media and under what context

mohak veerji

I can see the angle you are tring to come from but the fact of the matter is that your Guru ji has given strict instructions on what it means to be a Sikh and live as a Sikh.

A Gursikh jeevan is a way of life and a blessing. It is not something you are born into.

Sure you can take the core values and moral ideas from SGGS and follow them as much or less as you please, it's your life. But in doing so, you cannot call yourself a Gursikh. You can be a moral, decent hardworking person too and still not be a Gursikh.

You become a Gursikh when you take SGGS to be your father, mother...everything. You give your head to your Guru and place your life in his hands, follow his teachings.

And yes, you are correct that many many people in that case have no right to call themselves Sikhs. But you are wrong to think that sikhi would cease to exist. For just as many drunk people you can show me, I can show you just as many people, many of them members of this board, who live such pure Gursikh lives, it would leave you in tears...

You talk of intolerance, fundementalism and "modern outlook". But what does that really mean?

I have heard comments such as "rubbish..how can people be affected by media?" The above phrase such as "modern outlook" is an exact expression of the power of the media...

Just because I choose to dress differently, don't keep up with what popular culture and what the media shovel in everyone's faces day in day out, does that make me a fundemental and "backwards"? Why do I have to wax/shave/trim to be accepted? The only reason is that the media has CHOSEN to

display smooth skin etc, as beautiful. would you still be saying the same if all men had beards in movies and commercials?

What is more modern...? choosing a set of beliefs and following them with a pure heart no matter what the outside world pressures you into, or being a sheep and attemting to keep up with the latest so-called fashions?

Being "broad minded" and adjusting is not equivalent to giving up your beliefs just to be accepted in this ever changing world. Actually being broad minded and acceting means seeing everyone in world equally as God's children, just as a Gursikh does, just as SGGS teaches us.

The media can have a powerful impact. How many times do impressionable youths follow the actions of their hero/heroine actors? How many people say, "I want to look like that" or i want a haircut like that". When they see a Sikh portrayed as smoking/drinking, it's easy to say...he or she did that in the movie...why can't I?

Remember, at that age, many youths haven't developed their "core belief set" entirely and can easily be swayed by the worldly forces around them.

Additionally, as stated before, just because something is common, doesn't make it correct. Just because Bollywood is a money making machine, doesn't mean they should be able to reign free misrepresenting entire communities. There may be many people who call themselves Sikh and drink/smoke, doesn't mean this can be used as a excuse to highlight this lapse and essentially glamorise it.

I agree, doncmentaries are definitly places in which to highlight these problems (as a negative) and along with that, maybe provide some solutions. The issue comes in when these problems are twisted to be shown in the positive sense..which they are certainly not.

As a final point in regards to your "Khalsa" comment. Attemting to "Greaten" your position and standing at the expense of others around you is totally contrary to Gurmat and the teachings enshrined within our beloved SGGS. If you need specific examples I, along with many members of this board, would be happy to provide them.

Regards

Gursharan Singh

lol i dont think people are ignorent tothe fact that 90% of the people born into Sikh families may drink or smoke, although personally I know that number is way off. I think what people are trying to say here is that from the number or people that are Khalsa, and when I say Khalsa, i mean true Khalsa that follow guru ji's rehat.... 0% drink...

drinking is not an external look thing... it is something that harms ur body, it is an intoxicant that has the ability to make u lose control over urself and ur actions....

Again, you may see all these people and they may drink... but when u see a true Khalsa, you will know.....

bhul chuk maaf

Fateh

hey i never wanted to post such a comment but that crap dassan dass tried to be too smart and true khalsa;s don't take any insult :e: they take the attack back to the enemy camp. :nihungsmile:

gushk veere i never said that we shd change our beliefs to look modern,wht iam trying to say that just by abstaining from alcohol one doesn't become a greater khalsa in the eyes of waheguru.u can read all my previous posts and see from where all this started.i also never said tht we shd change our appearance in order to look modern, no never.a neat and clean khalsa with a crisp turban on looks much much more royal and handsome than other's.

yaaron tussi sarre te mere piche aida pai gaye kee mera te nasha hee utaar gaya je LOL.gif

ne ways i still stick to wht i said tht rigidity will always lead to fundamentalism.islam is a very good example in this context.just check out our image from the non-sikhs and u'll know wht iam trying to say.

mr. moderator u have given me the warning but plz check others also.

phul chuk maaf karna

waheguru jee daa khalsa

waheguru jee dee fateh

lol..

u really are funny.... by not drinking u do become a better Sikh or Khalsa... because u have control over ur actions and thoughts...

as someone pointed out.. our Guru's have told us to stay away from such things... and I believe there is a reason for that...

as for people going after u about this topic.. that should show u in itself.. that there are many out there who dont drink.. there are many out there who oppose... check it out man.. on this forum... its like 80% who are against drinking and 20% who are for... hmmmm..... the 80% must be right!!!!!!!!!! if we go by numbers and look at what the majority do...

yaaaay :doh: