Rehit problem

I was emailed by somebody who had an issue and i was unsure of what advice to give so i'm posting it anonymously on here:

"I was hoping maybe you can or someone give some independent advice on rehat.

I have friend who is ** years old and an amrit dhari. He is married with * young children. He is really good at heart and has been a practising sikh for years. Has a professional job and very well paid.

But recently, he made a mistake in his life and has asked me for advice as a friend. I assured him not to worry because we all make mistakes in life and the fact you have owned up is good.

He want to a lap dance club, he got intrigued. He somehow had more fun than he should have with some of the girls. Things went to far.

He now feels weak and tormented and regrets every second of the day. I hate to see him like this he is such a nice person. What he wants to know is should be baptise himself again because he has committed the sin of lust with other females outside his marriage. He loves his wife and children very much and provides everything they want. He is also very well respected by every one.

Should he baptise again asap. Because as a sikh i feel our duty to comfort him and not hound him.

Your advice is much appreciated.

thank you

*. singh"

i'll forward him the url for this page