Child Abuse

Guest Lohgarh Singh

wjkk wjkf

hanji, i agree s1ngh, talk 2 the relatives hu r westerniosed enuff 2 understand liberty, n if that fails, call the NSPC

Don't call the authorities unless there is absolutely NO other option. In these cases I've seen kids being taken away and put in group homes or foster families that are non-Sikh and the damage continues, though just in a different form.

I think the best thing to do is to contact an elder person who this family respects. The parents need to know that others know whats going on and it's not right. If they know that they are being watched they probably won't continue with the beatings. I'm not sure any normal parent wants to hurt their child anyways and if they find out that their treatment is doing such serious harm, they'll understand they need to stop.

if i personally knew the person and the individual was close to me... i'd make him/her move into my house or stay with one'a their close friends for a lil while... and from there things can be done.. first things first, u gotta take them outta that environment IMMEDIATELY... that mental and physical damage done in a household like that has LONG lasting affects.. and in some cases are permanent...

i would gladly take someone in if they were in a situation like that.. like one'a the above posts said, they shouldn't be placed in a non-sikh household, for it WILl damage them more...

bhul chuk maaf..

Vaheguru Jee Ka Khalsa, Vaheguru Jee Kee Fatehh..!!

not to be against anybody's views but sometimes kids deserve it..........but when there is no reason, then a kid shud never be hit

101290[/snapback]

i actually kind agree even tho i got beatings myself wen i wa syoung. i min i used 2 do so much crap made mum cry loadsa times! n dis was wen i was lyk 6! :doh: anyways yh 1 aunty suggested foning the police coz she knew abt the beatings. My mum warnd her not 2 or else she'll herself go into prison WIth my dad! but now the same aunty comes up 2 me n goes, if u dint ge tthe beatings fomr ur dad, u wont be as good as u r now. WEll im not relly good its just im a quiet perosn amongst the wannabes and one of the few in my area wid full sikhi saroop..

i would seriously thank my dad for that. he taught me 2 achieve.. evn int he hard way. i min i no sum children who haf soft rents but no offence but they r the "spoilt" ones not all but the majority i come across wid.

soz if i ooffended ne11 blush.gif:)no.gif

WJKK WJKF

For every action, there is a reason behind it. And for that; Violence is not the solution.

For example,

If a child has become a nuisance, and has started breaking its mothers favourite china and being a stubborn little brat - parents nowadays would instantly hit them and put the child down. How do we know, that the child at school is being bullied? Or is anxious because he/she has done something wrong that wasn’t their fault because they are clumsy?

I think a child is brat - not because he or she does it on purpose, it is because the child is seeking attention or love or something that they want which they can’t have.

Another example,

If a child has seen a toy in the shops and she/she wants that toy, some children make a fuss in front of the whole society. Parents nowadays would have a right mind to beat that child when they get home - or give the child a right telling-off.

No child, under any circumstance, is a brat because he/she wants to make their parents lives a living hell. It is because they are troubled by something.

I believe even the odd slap or soft slap is TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE. You don’t want your child to respect u, or behave properly from a basis of fear and violence. You want your child to be able to come up to u and tell u every problem he/she has, and for u to be able to have a strong bond.

Now before u all ask, I kind of know what its like to be a parent. I am kind of a father figure towards my nieces. I feel this is brilliant opportunity to see whats it like to be a parent. My nieces are very playful and very tiring for 3 year olds!

They sometimes get a little agitated and sometimes become argumentative and stubborn. To counter this, I usually distract them with toys or use my amazing baby language to calm them down!

I know exactly what it’s like to have a screaming toddler or when kids do something which is totally wrong. But there are other ways of discipline.

I remember watching this programme, I think its called "kids behaving badly". It shows how u can discipline kids. They place kids into a "naughty corner" they called it. Where if the child has been misbehaving, the parent would place the child into a corner and isolate the child. I thought at first "Oh my God - this is horrible". But drastic situations do call for drastic measures. The child became more relaxed and started behaving.

This is just one example of non-violent punishments. There are many more.

So, in conclusion:

There are other ways of disciplinary actions to take. You as parents just have to decide within yourself, whether u want your child to love u out of fear, or to love u out of love - because the violence will turn the child upside down. The child may even decide to leave home! I know some children who wanted to move out their homes, I was one of those children.......

But I have grown to see other worse cases than my own of children getting beaten.

So, let me finish here and just remind u of my point:

"For every action, there is a reason behind it" and "Violence is not the solution"

Thankyou

- (6)