"Faith means..."

Nidhi

"Faith means not wanting to know what is true"

Famous words of Friedrich Nietzsche from the book "The Antichrist".

The German guy who was in opposition of Christianity, has the same nr of opponents as followers.

Do you agree, if not? Please support your oppinon.

Please take care

GurFateh

Aside from his Anti-Christain view and 'Faith' being a backbone in christianity it is only plausible that he is trying to aggitate teh christian readers as being lost in their own darkness. After all it is Faith in the Bible, that it is the Word of God that allows the Orthodox christians to assume a monopoly over the Kingdom of God and declare the rest of the world as 'unsaved'. But does Faith mean that one does not want to learn the truth, i don't think it can be defined as such, but it definelty can become a hinderence in knowing the Truth.

My personal view is that Trust in God is greater than having Faith in God.

When we are in trouble and we say "Have faith in your guru, everything will be ok", it does not mean that whatever is gona happen guru ji will not be able to help us! There is a long waitage in the house of god, not darkness! Guru ji is true, we dont see him, but he is there, have faith simply means just hang in there, he will come for sure, because our gurus said that over and over again in SGGS.

I love these philosophers :doh: , they try to munipulate our minds the best they can, but i know there is a gurbani tuk on this subject in SGGS, and somewhere more knowledgeable will be able to post it.