gurbani on wedding videos

DhadiMania

we all know the old typical "punjabi" wedding here.

the mayia

then the old ritualistic crap

dance away

nxt day

bride dressed like a christmas tree, has a fauj to carry her.

then the milni

gurdwara

then party away

doli

problem is, say if one has videos of up to 30 years old of wedding videos as such, and you want to create space. is there a special way to get rid of these videos (i.e. for gutkai for example, we do sohila sahib, ardas then respectablly put into flames and the ashes go into running water)

is there a similiar technique for videos as well?

or can you just record on top of them and then throw them away?

also say if you have photos of the gurus, and as you know from india, god knows how they put them in (they have no frame...i think illaminated)

how do you get rid of them?

gustaphi maaf

Guest SaintSoldier
problem is, say if one has videos of up to 30 years old of wedding videos as such, and you want to create space. is there a special way to get rid of these videos (i.e. for gutkai for example, we do sohila sahib, ardas then respectablly put into flames and the ashes go into running water)

Either I missed something in this question or its just stupid. I think people are just running out of topics to talk about.

According to the rehat maryada of the RSS...

they say to destroy all gurbani on videos because its seen as besti to throw away or "cover over" gurbani, please bow before the tape 5 times, and repeatedly run circles around the tape timing yourself each time.

Once you've mastered this, and if your timing is lower than .5 seconds, you are able to discard the remains only in the Ganges River.

Please, this is why we should not record bani on tape, we don't know what people will do with it. We must keep ALL bani intact 24/7!

/sarcasm

In other words...do what you wish...and yes, people must be running out of topics.

I'm a little confused, are you asking about if there is Gurbani printed on the cover of a Video, then what to do with the Cover (in order to ensure proper Satkaar of Gurbani?)

Or are you talking about Gurbani being written on the actual video and whether you should burn it instead of throwing it in the Garbage, in order to do proper Satkaar of Bani?

Is that what you are talking about?

Or are you talking about the Bani that was read during the video or something?

P.S. I don't think it's fair to say "people have nothing better to post these days" - any questions related to SATKAAR OF BANI are 100% acceptable and encouraged, in fact, lots of people disrespect Bani because of their ignorance. We should try to respect Bani as much as we possibly, realistically can. So to whoever began this thread, no, your question was not wrong at all to ask

Either I missed something in this question or its just stupid. I think people are just running out of topics to talk about.

yes not everyone is as enlightened as you are oh great mahapurash, us moorakhs dont want to do beadbhi if we are, but if mahapurash such as yourself are going to disregard this, then theek hai!

oh forgive me sant baba (what ever your name is) ji! :doh: :doh:

i thought i would be helping someone to get rid of tapes that include bani.

but sad to see aaj kal di people unwilling to help!

im an <banned word filter activated>, and judging by that clearly shows you are mahapurash.

what i am asking is say if you have videos (including that have bani written over it)

do you do satkaar over it?

(also plastic doesnt turn to ashes its just melts and you'd be polluting the river...thats wrong!!)

thats all i wanted to know ji!

like i said, i am not as enlightened as some people here and that i know rehat off by heart! :doh:

Or are you talking about Gurbani being written on the actual video and whether you should burn it instead of throwing it in the Garbage, in order to do proper Satkaar of Bani?

Is that what you are talking about?

Or are you talking about the Bani that was read during the video or something?

DHAN TUSI MAN!

your probably the only singh here that has not shown their arrogance and actually tried to help out. i was talking more about the second part (bani in a tape)

but first one seems relevant also.

its just that my friend didnt want to do mass badbhi and get singhs all angered and having heart attacks if he just threw them in the bin, but wanted to make sure if one is supposed to do satkaar over it.

but even although he asked me to post here, it seems that has already happened no.gif

so anyway, now that we knit picked on one little thing (and most people not actually answering the question)

are you supposed to do satkaar over guru sahib di photos as well? (even if they are these illaminated ones you get from india)?

gustaphi maaf

Guest SaintSoldier
im an <banned word filter activated>, and judging by that clearly shows you are mahapurash.

No problem, dude it doesn't take a mahapursh to answer your question. Its common sense, use it.