Should members have Caste based usenames?

Should members have Caste usernames?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Should members have Caste usernames?

• Yes - Let the members learn and decide for themselves
    • No - Sikhi discourages belief in caste

Fateh sangat jio!!

i have noticed that within the last 6ish months or so, that many new members of this forum have joined (which is excellent) but the down side is that sum members (not naming ne members) have used a caste based screen name.

now comsidering that this forum is aa panthic sikh forum, i feel that allowing such screen names is anti-panthic and so therefore anti-sikh, as it is 1 of the main goals of this site to be TRUE to SIkhi teachings and beliefs.

so i believe that such issues shud be nipped in the butt (so to speak) asap

please for give me if i have offended ne1, jus my personal view

WGJKK WGJKF

p.s. im also surprised no SIKH has noticed this so far, or if they have that it has been allowed to continue.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

now comsidering that this forum is aa panthic sikh forum, i feel that allowing such screen names is anti-panthic and so therefore anti-sikh, as it is 1 of the main goals of this site to be TRUE to SIkhi teachings and beliefs.

Sikhi discourages belief in caste system and so does this forum, however this forum is a youth forum, some of whome have been brought up with caste names from the start. As moderators we can easily change the username of an indvidual but we can not change their belif. This is only possible through dialog.

I have seen a number of users on the forum, start off with Caste based name and then have requested the admins to change their usernames which reflect more sikhi based name.

Personally i believe it is better to let the members learn these things through discussions and reading up instead of us just forcing them to change usernames.

so i believe that such issues shud be nipped in the butt (so to speak) asap

I will convert this topic into a poll so members can vote whether they want to see caste names or not.

Guest Lohgarh Singh

wjkk wjkf

the caste names is gna make the forum look bad, but on the other hand it mite not, the sangat shud b able to express themselves, akaal willing they will come to their senses

waheguru ji kekhalsa,w aheguru ji ke fateh

Pyare jio, spreading a fragrance of truth reveals truth, spreading of falsehood leads us to prejudice.

Caste is a scourge, not only in sikhi, but also hinduism ,and in the asiain subcontinent. it creates misery and indifference,no matter on whatever level it is practiced.

All Gursikhi forums should have rules based on Gurbani. hence my humble benti to the admins is "recognise the human race as one", and not allow any names with caste connatations.

waheguru ji kekhalsa,w aheguru ji ke fateh