Gupt Daan and Seva....

Sat1176

A few weeks ago I had the pleasure of visiting an amazing gurdwara as I have done on numerous occasions. After taking off my shoes and beginning to make my up slowly to the darbar sahib I noticed a load of engraved plaques stuck along the staire case of families who I assume have given significant seva for the gurdwara. :TH:

On another occasion as I stood listerning to the gyani in the ardas, he starting reading out long a list of names who had also given money for an ardas...

A gave £5 for passing their driving test

B gave £5 so their child would pass their exams

C gave £11 for x reason

D gave £21 for y reason

and so on....

I thought to myself, is all this really neccessary????? Whilst I appreciate all we can do infront of our Guru is a bainti in the form of an ardas, is it really neccessary to state how much was given?

Just the other day as I sat in the gurdwara listerning to some kirtan and khata, a GurSikh on the stage hit the nail right on the head when he said...

A great mahapurkh once said, "Today's Sikhs must consider their Guru deaf and blind, thats why we stick up all these plaques and have these long lists in the ardas about who has given what!"

What a cruel thing to say I thought, but how so very true....

Bhul Chuk Maaf..

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh

totally agree like when the committee read out names of people that have given money its like list goes on forever and ever - but on the other hand there are some dhaanis who dont give there names an example springs to mind of a person who recently donated to the new gurdwara who donated £100,000 + and didnt give his name so thats like quite amazing blush.gif

hehe another suggestion is that maybe we should include our sins in our ardaas and not our good deeds :e:

tru say....

wats the bragging about.. seva of money should always be anonamous.. that way u don't do it 2 get a bigger Ego

the plaques u reffer 2 are of those ppl who hav donated the most money....

but who's 2 say who donates the most.. i mean, £100 donated by a poor person may be equivalent to £10,000 donated by a rich person.. jus cuz u donate the most amount don't mean u hav in the eyes of Guru Ji

Anyway.. tru seva is from the heart.. regardless of the amount of money